Global Consumer Bank Operations & Fraud Prevention CBORC Regulatory Relations & Compliance Lead
Citi’s Global Consumer Bank, Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) organization drives consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues within the Global Consumer Business (GCB). CBORC fosters a culture of control, customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational and operational risks. This position will be part of the Global Consumer Bank Operations & Fraud Prevention CBORC organization.
The Global Consumer Bank Operations & Fraud Prevention (GCB OFP) Regulatory Relations & Compliance Lead will report directly to the Head of GCB OFP CBORC and be a key contributor to the CBORC leadership team.
This position will work collaboratively across regions and functions to establish and integrate a strategy for mitigating regulatory risk and complying with regulatory remediation activities across GCB Operations & Fraud Prevention. This role will partner across lines of defense, as well as work directly with the GCB Head of Regulatory Standards to ensure transparency and alignment for all regulatory interactions. This role will be responsible for working with each region to ensure integrity and consistency in regulatory reporting, with a focus on identifying and addressing emerging risks. The ability to transform data into insights and actions that will improve our regulatory compliance will be critical to success.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced operational and risk management leader who can dive into execution and oversight issues when they arise and create an action plan to resolve. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also valuable in order to contribute to the objectives of the business. The position also requires a thorough understanding of strategic direction of the Consumer Bank combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both Compliance and Operational risk stripes.
- Develop and implement a GCB Operations and Fraud Prevention regulatory relations oversight structure to drive consistent and clear communications and reporting
- Execute effective escalation and implement routines to ensure issues and risks are escalated timely and reporting to the regulators occurs appropriately, consistently and at the right levels.
- Lead the governance structure to report on progress, escalate risks, and gain agreement on mitigating actions. This includes implementing forums as required to drive accountability ensure awareness across regions, functions and the franchise
- Establish strong monitoring routines across GCB Operations and Fraud Prevention to ensure consistency and compliance with the regulatory governance framework requirements.
- Establish partnership and communications protocol with GCB and Citi regulatory relations and Executive Management Team (EMT) as appropriate to ensure consistency in approach and communications.
- Coordinate meeting schedules, topics to review, focus areas, requested participants, etc. for all regulatory reviews hosted by GCB Operations & Fraud Prevention leadership, as well as provide oversight and consistency of inputs to other regulatory forums or responses
- Partner across the GCB businesses, Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit, and Risk Management functions to drive accountability to deliver on regulatory requirements.
- Take responsibility for creating, reviewing and validating approvals for all regulatory responses specific to GCB Operations & Fraud Prevention
- 12+ years’ experience
- Proven track record of results and courageous leadership during multiple crisis scenarios regarding significant industry and Regulatory events.
- Previous experience of interacting and working with Executive Leaders. The role requires leadership presence, subject matter expertise, and the finesse to work with industry leaders and senior executives.
- Capability to define a well thought out strategy and execute on an associated operational plan.
- Exceptional matrix management skills requiring strong collaboration with a collegial style that gains the respect of key business partners to ensure overall business success in managing activities and remediating operational risk gaps.
- Demonstrated success in managing highly complex project management activities with agility, a sense of urgency and clear solution mitigation.
- A hands-on management style; capable of diving into details where required, while retaining the capacity to look at the larger picture and focus on the long-term impact of decisions and strategy.
- Capability to adapt in a constantly changing and evolving business and control environment.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and ensure controls.
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change
- Ability to create and articulate sense of purpose and common vision for GCB
- Continuous improvement mind-set – assess impact of actions and adjust as needed; simplify and standardize at every opportunity
- Understand how your work contributes to other work across Citi / understand downstream impacts of decisions made
Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent relevant business experience
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs