Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Structured Product AnalystApply Now Locations: Hong Kong, Central and Western District Job Function: Private Client Product Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20189815
The Structured Pdt Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- A member of the Capital Markets Team, responsible for the execution and marketing of vanilla OTC options, light exotic and structured products in the Equities, Hybrids & Commodities space.The candidate will be heavily involved in the sales, marketing and syndication of Structured Products and OTC derivatives (light and exotic). This will involve idea generation, product design, construction, implementation and support and will require extensive involvement in the pre and post trade processes. This includes pricing and marketing the products, documentation manufacture, trade execution / booking and aftersales. The team member will have constant interaction with the Banker / IC Community, some end clients and the control functions. There will also be a requirement to provide assistance to management in reporting and regulatory oversight.
- Part of the integrated asset-class team, pricing and executing orders for equity, commodity and hybrid products (Structured Product & OTC). The candidate will source and deliver investment ideas and manage the syndication effort for primary structured product issuance to Citi Private Bank clients, directly and indirectly.
- Actively enable and develop the syndication effort around high conviction ideas. This will involve idea generation, product pricing / implementation, documentation production (drafting, approval coordination).
- Develop the sales / marketing and after-sales process.
- Communicate/deliver/close on client investment proposals and new account pitches as part of the overall client team
- Ensure conformity with global Firm standards of client service, regulatory, compliance, and operating model
- Increase connectivity and engagement between Markets and Citi Private Bank clients and staff.
- Actively participate in daily morning meetings and marketing team sales calls
- Assist with the roll-out and development of the project work needed to expand and improve on the platform and product infrastructure.
- Assist and manage the regular MIS activity (Mgmt Reporting, daily sales reporting, blotter maintenance, various ad-hoc metric requests.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- BA (or equiv) / Sales and trading experience in financial services and the Structured Products sector, including Equity derivatives and light exotic products / Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with both internal staff and external clients / Self motivated
- An additional language to English is beneficial, but not essential
- CM/Structured Products knowledge and experience / Good interpersonal and communication skills essential / Strong IT skills essential / Strong analytical skills essential / Ability to develop strong working relationships across functional and geographical lines
- Regulated role with applicable/mandatory licenses and/or qualifications.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.