Retail Product Strategist
The Retail Product Strategy team is part of the Retail Cross Asset Sales (RCAS) group and works with Sales, Trading and Structuring desks across all asset classes to generate commercial, relevant trade ideas, products and solutions specifically designed for Institutions acting as Retail financial intermediaries. End purpose is to develop a coordinated, systematic, and disciplined process on content, product and trade idea creation and distribution. The role incorporates an Operations coordination aspect to ensure a sound, sustainable and scalable platform for RCAS in the region.
The Retail Product Strategy team defines tactical (short term) and strategic (medium to long term) investment themes appealing to the retail investor client base of Financial Intermediaries in all segments (from Consumer Banks to Private Banks/Family Offices). The team uses inputs from multiple internal and external resources, specially leveraging on the efforts developed by Citi’s Research Analysts and Desk Strategists. It works with products across all asset classes: Equities, Rates (G10 and EM), Global Spread Products (GSP), Foreign Exchange and Commodities, including the products under the mandate of the Multi-Asset Group.
The team participates in projects covering technology and platform issues related to the retail product distribution business and works with the Multi-Asset Group with respect to the wrapping and delivery of structured products. Additionally, it collaborates with Sales in defining client coverage strategies to improve efficiency and efficacy in the sales processes (e.g. sourcing new buying centers, aggregating market intelligence, defining marketing actions)
This position works closely with the two Retail Distribution channels in the region: Third Party Sales and Citi Global Wealth (Citi Private Bank Capital Markets and Global Consumer Group). Strong collaboration with the RCAS Marketing team is fostered.
The APAC Retail Product Strategist will be based in either Singapore or Hong Kong and will report to the Global Head of Retail Product Strategy team and to a Regional manager
Participate in the implementation of a globally defined protocol of interaction between the Retail Distribution teams and the Markets Product Trading and Structuring teams, with focus in APAC.
Coordination of trade idea generation and product development with Structuring teams, including:
- Identification of the product range to be offered to APAC retail clients and market segments (Private Banks, Brokers, IFAs, Family Offices, Consumer Banks, and similar institutions). Development of a deep understanding of their needs based on their own investment recommendation processes.
- Identification, creation and/or consolidation of content, investment themes and fundamental investment ideas, including development of structured payoffs. Creation of narratives capturing the most relevant drivers for markets in the short, medium, and long term.
- Coordination with each Product area of specific Retail product development and approvals, providing guidance based on client feedback to maximize impact of each new initiative.
Coordination with Retail Sales to market investment ideas to end clients, participating actively in client meetings/calls to explain products and investment themes. Distribution of a wide variety of content and trade ideas to internal stakeholders and clients.
Consolidation of two-way feedback about product initiatives (client feedback from sales to structuring/trading, product color the other way around), including the identification of gaps in Retail product offering and implementation of actions to close them.
Work closely with the Retail Sales team to improve efficiency and efficacy of coverage, by aggregating product-related market intelligence and developing sound and sustainable product coverage strategies.
Collaborate with Marketing in the definition and implementation of marketing strategies with the regional client base.
Coordination of the initiatives covering Platform topics (technology, automation, documentation, risk) identifying and prioritizing issues, tracking progress, and leading specific items as needed.
Lead the Global DPAC approval process for the Third-Party business in APAC.
Work closely with the other region’s Retail Product Strategists to ensure global consistency and to share best practices
Knowledge and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required in finance, economics, science/technology or related field
- 5 years of relevant Product Management/Development, Sales and Trading or Capital Markets experience
- Experience in Retail/Wealth Management product sales, trading or structuring
- Multi-asset product experience.
- Advanced knowledge of derivatives, structuring, complex products and payoffs and risk management is required.
- Strong execution orientation with a proven and demonstrated track record of results in the management and transformation of Product capabilities.
- Proven ability to partner and drive complex technology projects with internal technology departments and/or third-party vendors
- Proven interest in holistic investment processes (asset allocation, macro views, cross-asset approaches)
- A genuine interest in financial markets with the ability to translate market dynamics and themes into investment propositions
- Strong project management skills, showing initiative and ability to structure and drive projects from idea to completion.
- Solid critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to create and express well-articulated views on market topics.
- Adept client and internal negotiation skills to be used in the delivery of client solutions
- Impeccable detail orientation and focus on superior quality deliverables with an ability to set deadlines and consistently achieve them.
- Strong presentation skills
Job Family Group:Institutional Sales
Job Family:Retail Sales
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs