Private Banker - Philippines Team, UHNW Segment, Hong Kong
The Private Banker Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Requires strong commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Actively identify prospects and establish contact with them/convert prospects into clients.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses and sources of wealth generation.
- Anticipate events in a client’s life and business which have significant financial implications.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients who frequently seek strategic advice regarding financial matters.
- Build relationships with client families that cross generations to establish long-term connections to the Citi Private Bank.
- Effectively manage client expectations regarding what can and cannot be executed on their behalf.
- Maintain full understanding of client goals and risk tolerance to ensure that financial strategies are appropriate.
- Uncover needs that are not articulated or clearly expressed by the client.
- Bring together the product experts to develop long-term solutions to strengthen relationships with the firm.
- Help clients achieve broad financial/investment goals related to the creation and management of wealth.
- Develop tailored solutions that address clients' investment, risk management, and financing/liquidity needs.
- Set challenging goals, regularly monitoring progress and making adjustments to achieve objectives.
- Plan and prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly activities to maximize revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- Establish a referral network and gain introductions to potential clients which generate new sales.
- Close the deal, making concessions that are appropriate and in line with the fundamental interests of the Citi Private Bank.
- Help team members acquire the experience necessary to establish credibility with clients and intermediaries.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to team success and place team goals above personal achievement.
- Encourage team members to work together to deepen client relationships and exceed sales goals.
- Align complementary experiences and skill sets of team members to maximize client effectiveness.
- Build and maintain relationships with Business Partners, Colleagues and Staff.
- Build relationships/partner with support groups in Citi Private Bank to maintain control, find solutions and resolve issues.
- Follow standard procedures and advocate appropriate exceptions to standard practices when the bigger picture needs to be considered, and seek or grant approvals as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance on regulatory requirements and minimizes any potential liability for Citi.
- Ensure strong controls and effective operational and administrative services.
- Set an example of behaviour to all staff.
- Partner with colleagues across the Citi network to leverage capabilities and share expertise.
- Ensure clients are presented with seamless execution of internal processes and Citigroup services.
- Prioritize issues that need to be escalated, getting the appropriate people involved to expedite resolution.
- Understand and communicate the risk involved with various investment strategies.
- Establish credibility and trust with all Citi Private Bank colleagues, maintaining the highest standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Persevere in delivering what is promised, even when obstacles arise.
- Flag and report illegal or improper transactions, complying with all regulatory policies and control procedures regarding client acceptability.
- Understand the broad array of products and services under the Citi umbrella.
- Apply an in-depth level of knowledge in key investment and financing products.
- Develop expertise to identify business opportunities and address the unique needs of specific client segments.
- Keep abreast of financial industry developments and current global market conditions.
- Present and communicate complex financial concepts and investment strategies with the highest degree of professionalism.
- Seek continuous improvement, learn from mistakes and adapt behaviour, based on feedback from clients and colleagues
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Extensive and proven experience in Private Banking having covered the UHNW market / Extensive experience in working with and/or leading client teams and transactions / Demonstrated track record in relationship selling
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:Private Client Coverage
Job Family:Private Banker
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs