Director, Head of Insurance Counselling
The Head of Insurance Counselling is a senior-level management position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of solution sales professionals focusing on Insurance. This senior level position is responsible for setting and developing strategy and initiatives, driving revenue generation while delivering an exceptional client experience. An in-depth understanding of the industry, competitor landscape and client services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business.
- Develop and execute a client-centric strategy that drives increased insurance market share and client revenue growth through the provision of insurance products and an exceptional client experience.
- Oversee and lead the team of professionals to approach and engage clients in an open architecture setting. Manage a portfolio of Top Tier Insurance be responsible for sales origination, cross-sell and retention across the portfolio.
- Negotiate and make decisions on issues/activities having critical impact/influence on company revenues or business operations.
- Attract, retain, and motivate a team, along with responsibility for managing a budget and meeting team sales goals.
- Drive the sales function with internal and external stakeholders. Leverage existing work streams in eco-systems, digitization, automation, etc to showcase Citi’s leadership in this area.
- Collaborate with other regional counterparts to achieve a global, regional or product consistent framework for the services provided.
- Lead process Improvement through innovation and transformation projects.
- Ensure solid partnerships and cross selling opportunities across range of products to deliver comprehensive services and solutions for clients
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Insurance counsellors will be distinguished and highly accomplished at establishing, growing and managing relationships with high net worth clients. They should be experienced in the implementation and oversight of insurance solutions, and in providing advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Appropriate candidates will possess the credibility to cultivate trusting relationships with existing high net worth clients and should be entrepreneurial and capable of building new client relationships.
- Candidates for the position should be collaborative and team oriented, able to leverage a wide array of internal partners.
- Monitor and understand customer needs, market and economic trends as well as business opportunities and threats
- Ability to work closely and build trust with clients and partners internally and externally, understanding and anticipating client needs
- Coordinate internally to drive timely and flawless execution of client mandates
- Strong problem solver and structured execution
- Knowledge and experience of business disciplines and operating models underpinning insurance products
- Strong research skills coupled with an ability to quickly and accurately analyze information, draw conclusions and present data-driven findings in written and oral presentation formats
- Embed quality in client touchpoints including proposals and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent with Financial Services Certification
- 15+ years of experience, including 5-7+ years' managerial experience covering clients preferably in Hong Kong or Singapore with proven track record of success
- Experienced managing in a matrixed environment including managing cross functional areas i.e., products, operations, risk, finance and marketing
- Persuasive and articulate personality
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork, lead, coach, motivate and influence team and colleagues
- Proven success in sales, service, operations, and employee retention
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated presentation, leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to address issues with thoughtfulness and urgency, inspire others and be self-motivated and innovative
- Bachelor’s degree / University degree or equivalent experience
- License for conducting insurance sales in HK market preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Private Client Coverage
Job Family:Franchise Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs