Director, Commercial Real Estate Finance, APAC
The Structurer is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. An acknowledged authority both within and outside area of expertise. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication is typically required. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area.
- The Structurer will hold a key role including pricing, developing innovative financial products for investors.
- Payoff Risk and P&L impact pre-trade and post-trade scenario analysis
- Customized back tests and client portfolio analysis
- Participate to the pre-trade & post-sales effort, closely working with dedicated institutional sales
- Participate to the development of new products/payoffs
- Marketing presentations and participation to client meetings
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same, demonstrating proper consideration for the firm’s reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi’s Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years structuring experience from a financial institution
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple functional groups in a cohesive manner.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The above job description for "Structurer" is generic for the role.
More specifically to commercial real estate ("CRE"), this role is to lead the expansion and development of the Greater China component of the institutional CRE finance business within the Global Spread Products organization in Citi Global Markets. The role is required to have a strong background and knowledge of the Greater China commercial real estate market, the institutional market participants and how institutional financing of CRE gets done (with specific reference to China onshore/offshore funding), with a focus on leveraged capital structures. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial sense of where opportunities exist and how to pursue them. Risk management is a critical skillset, which contributes to strong deal and sponsor selection as well as sound structuring and portfolio monitoring.
Other required skillsets:
- Self-starter, risk-taker, owner
- Leadership qualities for driving a vision, mentoring a team, taking responsibility, and forming relationships with internal partners / stakeholders
- Familiarity with bank credit policy and bank regulations related to CRE finance
- Outgoing personality for marketing, negotiation, and presentation
- High technical proficiency (Excel, data organization)
- Strong financial analysis skills (cash flow modelling, leveraged math)
- Strong structuring & logic skills
- Strong legal background (term sheets, loan documentation)
Job Family Group:Institutional Trading
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs