Finance Transformation Office LFO FP&A Senior Analyst (C12)
Heredia, Costa RicaJob Req ID 22585537
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
The Financial Planning and Analysis Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for providing management with an analysis and insight of Citi’s financial results in coordination with the broader Finance team. The overall objective is to utilize in-depth disciplinary knowledge to generate and analyze reports as well as contribute to the development of new techniques to improve processes and work-flow.
- Address strategic issues on an ad hoc basis that are complementary to the regular planning and analysis processes
- Contribute to Quarterly Competitor Reviews, Quarterly Annotated Supplement, and Quarterly Investment Reports
- Generate flash results/highlights for Board of Directors’ reports and Executive Management reports
- Develop/coordinate processes (e.g. the annual planning and periodic forecasting processes) and review results against plans monthly including business analysis functions performed by Business Unit Managers (BUMs)
- Participate in annual budget and forecast cycles, 3-year strategic and operating plans and monthly estimate outlook process
- Oversee the estimation of risk capital and incorporate results into management report metrics for decision processes
- Analyze key management review presentations for individual Regions and Products
- Execute time critical activities for client facing Financial Planning and Analysis teams
- Contribute to the development of review material for internal leadership and external regulator reviews
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience working with a variety of financial platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced English Required
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Regional: Support to the Regions for major forward looking reviews. In charge of the data to be presented in the CFO, CEO reviews and coordination with the regional teams of the slides to be presented (Asia, EMEA)
- Citi Executive Scorecard: Scorecard for Total Transformation, provide monthly update of the transformation effort and main comparisons to the Citi Executive Scorecards reporting
- Corporate: Continue communication with corporate, validation of the transformation numbers presented by corporate in any senior management forum, providing narrative of the variance or any adhoc analysis required by corporate
- Decision Support Area: Support to the Decision Support area in the senior management reviews: CFO reviews, CEO reviews, Earnings, QBR etc. Providing BAU slides, narratives and adhoc request require at the moment
- Milestones: Support to MEBI milestones (160, 360, 490, 500 and 510): Providing narrative and data for staffing adequacy requirements
- Regulatory requirements: Partnership with the ACT team in order to align one source of truth for X.1, X.2 (regulatory requirements) related to transformation and BAU resources
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Planning & Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs