Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Country Controller II
- Primary Location: Haiti
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19000832
The Country Controller has the overall responsibility for all Financial Accounting and Reporting, Performance Reporting, Management Information Systems (i.e. MPRs, PMFs), Local and Foreign Taxes, Local and U.S. Regulatory compliance as well as liaison with internal and external auditors and bank examiners. Support the Hub CFO to coordinate and manage the development of the Strategic and Operational plan, defining institutional guidelines/targets for managerial purposes.Monitors performance of profit and responsibility centers for senior management at a local entity and Citi consolidated level.
The objective of the role is to ensure that the necessary control environment is in place to ensure accurate and effective reporting, to all stakeholders both internal and external, in terms of Local regulatory requirement. In addition, the role has to support theHub CFO at governance forums (Audit Committee, BRCC etc).
- Local Regulatory Reporting oversight - Developing a working relationship with the regulators , statutory auditors, tax advisors/attorneys, actuaries; anticipating and informing the Hub CFO, country business managers and Regional Controller of significant regulator developments; helping to create and implement strategies to bring about desired changes
- Ensuring that accounting is in compliance with US and local generally acceptable accounting principles, regulatory accounting guidelines and that reports are completed in a timely manner while maintaining the accuracy and effectiveness of internal controls over financial, corporate and regulatory reporting
- Actively participating and supporting the CFO in the following franchise or other governance and country-related committees: CCC, BRCC, ALCO, LRRGC, Audit Committee.
- Safeguarding the Assets of the Corporation by focusing on balance sheet, credit and risk control overall capital position and franchise reputation. Oversight and ownership for Balance Sheet Substantiation process.
- Responsibility for Leading theHaiti’s Finance team - Management of Staff training and development, Recruiting and Performance Conversation and Ratings. Champion VOE initiatives.
• Accounting degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial control/ finance reporting / accounting role.
• Local GAAP knowledge. CPA preferred
• Local Regulatory Reporting knowledge
• Bi-lingual: English, French
• Office, Business Objects, Smart, APS, Jade, GDW, DSMT, Optima, FRS, AWS, P2P, Worflow.
• Proven track record in building and maintaining relationships internally and externally
• Able to multitask.
• Ability to meet deadlines/urgency awareness.