Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Pricing – Senior AnalystApply Now Locations: Gurgaon, Haryana Job Function: Operations - Transaction Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19126683
Fund Accounting Specialist 5
Global Pricing Utility (GPU)
Information Services Group (ISG)
C05/ Ops/ 2 to 4 years experience
Citi is a world-class organization that has been in business for over 200 years and is made up of creative, visionary and entrepreneurial thinkers. Here is a place where the best succeed, where opportunities for advancement are open to all, where individual talent is valued and where the courage to always do what's right is the hallmark of our success. Over the years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our Global pricing utility (GPU) team within CITI’s Information Service Group (ISG) division.
The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organization, through implementing state of the art technologies which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The ISG organization works in partnership with data clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
Within ISG, GPU is an integral part of the Centralized Pricing team and operates on a global model with end to end ownership at GPC–Gurgaon and providing 24/6 coverage. The team includes dedicated Pricing Experts, with extensive experience in Security setups & corporate action treatments. Over the years, GPU has gathered expertise in pricing a variety of capital market instruments. The team responsible for providing security pricing data to fund accounting team to ensure timely and accurate NAV is delivered to the clients. Additionally they have a specialized team that provides valuations for OTC derivative instruments.
Primary responsibilities include – process transactions and facilitate accurate and timely processing of daily prices, security setup and corporate action events, meeting service levels, production workflows, and training. Perform various tasks to ensure the quality of data held for financial instruments are kept up to date. Work closely with internal clients, various system support groups to ensure that a consistent model is followed with respect to this critical pricing and reference data. Turnaround time and accuracy is essential due to the large volume of NAV impactful information handled by the team.
- Review and validate the prices for capital market instruments, review new security set ups and modifications
- Evaluating the integrity of vendor supplied pricing data against market movements and alternative sources
- Oversee, review and conduct the appropriate pricing analysis for complex, difficult to price or unable to price securities
- Review and research securities requiring additional research and/or possible fair value pricing due to various corporate actions or other market and significant events.
- Manage and process production tasks through assessment and analysis of market level activity. Assist with ad-hoc requests and projects
- Assist in the assessment of effectiveness of pricing controls and the tolerances used in applying those controls.
- Assist in identifying and implementing desirable systems or procedures enhancements
- Assist the supervisor and management in keeping abreast of significant events, outstanding items, or issues encountered
- Review emails, news flashes, and regulatory guidance to enhance the department’s ability to evaluate prices and take action to provide timely representations of market value.
- Quickly gain thorough industry knowledge and effectively interact with other operating units.
- Provide effective maker/checker function to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Ensure adherence to all audit policies and procedures.
- Understand global procedures to support other markets during off hours
- Expected to work in various shifts to support APAC, EMEA, and NAM operations
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Previous Pricing or reference data experience within an investment bank
- Familiarity with a wide array of financial product types like bond, equity or derivatives.
- Ability to complete the daily pricing analysis function and identify potential problems and issues.
- Understanding of pricing process and system logic.
- Understanding of the components and calculation of the net asset value.
- Maintain sound knowledge of various types of securities and markets in order to analyse price reasonableness provided by vendors and brokers.
- Ability to review others’ work through attention to details and detect control and pricing problems effectively.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Pricing data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail and ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in business related major or equivalent experience.
- Graduate-level courses in accounting, finance or management are viewed favourably.
- CFA program viewed favourably
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Crisis management – Requires the ability to handle multiple problems and make quick decisions under pressure in order to meet pricing deadlines for reporting funds net asset values(NAV). This would entail dealing with various external and internal personnel to resolve problems.
- Work with Fund Accountant, Trade controller and Compliance to resolve complex pricing issues.
- Work with Investment Accounting, Global Financial Reporting, Corporate Actions and Settlements areas to ensure accurate accounting information is maintained in all systems.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Superior problem-solving abilities, organizational skills, project management skills, and flexibility.
- Ability to make decisions on pricing securities, security setups and corporate actions
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.