Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Customer Service Sr. Manager
- Primary Location: United States,Tennessee,Gray
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Job Function: Operations Customer Service
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17081896
The Consumer Operations & Technology organization is seeking a talented, energetic Senior Manager to be a leader in our Core Operations Center and deliver against forward compatible business objectives. As part of Citi’s Retail Services Credit Cards Customer Service organization, the position is responsible for delivering efficient and effective core operational processes for our Partners and customers while providing a remarkable customer experience. Reporting to the Head of Retail Services Core Operations, this position will have accountability for direct staff of 180+ staff (direct and vendor) managing Disputes and Security Operations.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and high comfort with ambiguity
- Proven driver of transformational change and ability to act as a change agent
- Ability to innovate and “think outside of the box” in effecting immediate and sustainable change
- Promote trust among team members and build a culture of collaboration and integrity
- Commitment to talent development
- Manages occasionally complex and variable issues with significant impact over department(s).
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise to provide detailed analysis of issues.
- Maintains appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
- Responsible for all training and development needs for assigned personnel.
- Applies in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub function as well as coordinates and contributes to the objectives of the entire function; and, requires basic commercial awareness.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how own area collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals; requires industry knowledge.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directs team(s) to achieve fulfillment of customer requests and business requirements, with shared responsibility for budget management and resource planning.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
This position is located in Gray, TN.
Education and Experience:
·BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
·Senior level experience in a related role commensurate people management experience.
·Familiarity and understanding of financial industry preferred
·Proven ability to make sound business decisions
·Strong performance management abilities
·Solid leadership skills and ability to direct and motivate staff with integrity and ethics
·Interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment collaborating across diverse groups
·Experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
·Proven driver of transformational change and ability to act as a change agent
·Ability to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through listening and articulating a convincing point of view
·Superior execution skills with a focus on clear, realistic action steps and timelines
·Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
·Effective planning and organizational skills
·Solid PC skills (Microsoft Office)
·Project and process management experience preferred (Lean / Six Sigma)
·Working knowledge of Design Thinking, Lean and Agile would be preferred, but not required
·Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
·Developed interaction and diplomacy skills are required to persuade and influence others; may negotiate with external parties.
·Continuous pattern of professional development and learning
·Ability to work effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
·Experience in interviewing / talent selection
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
About Citi Retail Services
Citi Retail Services has worked for more than three decades with leading companies to help them grow their businesses. Citi Retail Services is a top provider of private label and co-branded card products to U.S. retailers and their customers. It also delivers retail industry expertise and insights, including transaction data analytics and fully integrated marketing and loyalty programs, to help retailers expand and deepen customer relationships. The business services nearly 90 million accounts for a number of iconic brands, including Best Buy, ExxonMobil, Macy's, Sears, Shell and The Home Depot.