Data Services Senior Analyst
Data Services Senior Analyst
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
The global Data Services team is responsible for many run-the-bank and change-the-bank processes. We partner with Risk and Finance to understand their data requirements for regulatory and internal management reporting. We work with data provisioning point owners to ensure timely, accurate, and complete reporting of data in the required standards. The team works on an end-to-end basis with various stakeholders to resolve data challenges by understanding root cause/thematic issues and executing solutions such as system replacements, adjustment reduction programs, data quality monitoring and resolution, as well as process design and implementation. As the business owner of GENESIS, the authorized provisioning point for contracts, positions, and balances as it relates to Citi’s contractual Balance Sheet, Data Services provides over half of the data inputs into Finance and Risk reporting processes. We also run the operational activities of GENESIS, which includes data quality scorecard monitoring, change management, adjustment processing, and monitoring of data quality on a day-to-day basis.
We operate in an energized, dynamic, and fast paced environment that provides business insight and subject matter expertise to complex business problems to come up with strategic solutions that align with our enterprise standards. In this role, we focus on how financial services firms run, the product and services offered, with particular focus on Capital Markets businesses and products, Treasury / Funding and related Accounting. We then apply this to the systems architecture and related data flows to understand a given problem and how to solve for it. We are in demand of bright, highly ambitious candidates that have a passion for learning and harnessing these skills to execute on the firm’s overall data quality improvement objectives.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
Data Services Senior Analyst
Supports the Data Owners of Securities Financing Transactions (SFTs) of the Firm’s strategic Enterprise Data Warehouse; for Contracts, Positions, and Balances (GENESIS). This group is involved in implementation and process re-engineering efforts to consume and remediate all SFTs and related data quality issues in GENESIS, in support of critical firm initiatives. This can include coordinating resolution of data problems in upstream systems (Front Office, Accounting Product Processors, etc.) or downstream reporting applications (Basel / Credit Risk, FINRA / Bank Regulatory Reporting, etc.). The group also oversees new Data Demands and Data Quality issues for SFTs, liaising with consumers to help satisfy reporting needs.
The ideal Analyst will have experience in Product Control, Financial Control and/or Balance Sheet reporting functions, have knowledge of Securities Financing Transactions and possess system implementation experience. The analyst will support the critical planning and execution of project deliverables. Activities may include communication and planning, preparation of status slides and presenting to various levels, process modeling, data analysis, business requirements documentation, data reconciliation, UAT planning and coordination, go live readiness / go live and post implementation review.
- Participates in implementation management for strategic initiatives, technology portfolio budget management in coordination with Global Functions Technology Services (GFTS), project support, as well as communications and policy management across Finance and Risk.
- Assists in managing the end-to-end program tracking, reporting and implementation processes, communications, and policies, as well as resource Planning and financial oversight (including staff and technology budgets).
- Contributes to implementation of common data and data standards, common processes, and integrated technology platforms
- Enables a foundational reporting infrastructure across Citi businesses and global functions by ensuring consistency within Finance and Risk
- Resolves complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines, or processes.
- Manages one or more processes, reports, procedures, or products, and considered analytical or procedural "expert" representing a unit or team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- May supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Coordinates across different support groups in the organization and at various levels, from management to analyst to achieve the common goal
- Performs root cause analysis and/or data tracing on complex business problems across different system architectures to come up with proposals for remediation
- Prepares and presents data/content visually (i.e.: PowerPoint), verbally (oral communication) and written (i.e.: management summary) in a clear, concise, and impactful way that delivers intended message
- May contribute to or be responsible for drafting full project plans, BRDs, FRD vetting with technology, UAT planning and defining success criteria and implementation and post project reviews
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience, within the Financial Services industry preferred, but not required (global bank or broker dealer is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Quick learner, multitasker, pivot capable
- Excellent Analytical and Technical skills (i.e.: MS Power point, Excel)
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience, preferred in Finance or Accounting
- Certifications (CPA, CFA), Post Bachelor’s degree (MBA) preferred, but not required
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Governance, Program and Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs