Controller Data Transformation Lead Analyst – Data Strategy (VP)
The Controllers Data team is responsible for the implementation of enhancements to Citi’s Data Operating Model (DOM) in relation to data consumed or produced by the Controllers organization. The team is responsible for understanding the concerns of the stakeholders within the Controllers organization relative to data quality and availability to assess required solutions to address those issues ensuring to coordinate closely with both internal and external stakeholders. They are engaged in efforts to remediate the issues through engagement with resolution teams, bridging the gap between the technology teams and the business teams. The focus will be to satisfy the data needs of the Controllers organization with data that is high quality and fit for purpose. The Controllers Data team will execute activities in support of Finance Transformation Plan sections for data management and remediation to support data consumption, data production, adjustment reduction and other remediation efforts.
This position will be a lead analyst role within the team who will be responsible for the operationalization of data management standards for data produced and consumed by the Controllers organization. This role will be involved in supporting the data management implementation including defining requirements, supporting implementation, and facilitating consumption of data. Additionally, the role will require coordination with stakeholders in the Controllers organization and other stakeholders across Citi.
The individual in this role will focus on data strategy for the Controllers organization, including assessment of use case scope and risk reduction metrics, engagement with Finance architecture planning to design and implement enhanced data delivery & provisioning platforms, and collaboration with the strategic ledger implementation initiatives.
- Engage with counterparts across Controllers, with upstream data providers, and with consumers of Controllers owned data to understand requirements for data consumption and production
- Participate in the design and implementation of strategic solutions to enhance the data delivery and provisioning platforms for Controllers
- Assess requirements for data delivery within the Controllers architecture to formulate implementation strategies for data delivery enhancements
- Coordinate the development of risk reduction metrics and define mechanisms for calculation to evidence improvements through the progression of the data program
- Support the implementation of data management initiatives across Citi to ensure the needs of Controllers are met and that the data is fit for purpose.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of data lineage, process maps, data concepts and glossaries
- Facilitate the transition of data consumption from existing models to the enhanced data management framework, including defining consumption points, trusted sources, and technology enablers
- Participate in the development of data quality rules and metrics, including dashboards, KPIs, and other measurements of success
- Facilitate or contribute to status meetings (recurring and ad-hoc) with required stakeholder communities (including senior management) by preparing materials and updates, summarizing issues and risks, defining agreed action items and next steps
- Create project artifacts including, but not limited to: business and functional requirements, user acceptance test plans, and operational readiness documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Data Management or related field is required.
- 5+ years working in the financial services industry, financial data management, or financial data remediation is required
- Outstanding analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills with ability to break challenges into component parts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Ability to lead and drive change through creative thinking and pragmatism
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and plan / prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work with stakeholders to elicit and formally define their requirements
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and translate to the delivery of successful results in a complex and cross-functional organization
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening, and interviewing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Broad experience of Finance or Operational/Technology function within Banking organization is preferred
- Experience supporting transformation projects and organizational change initiatives a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with financial products life cycles and associated data needs preferred
- Experience with controller functions, financial books & records, and/or regulatory reporting is a plus
- Experience in data governance programs with knowledge of data governance principles and practices is a plus
- Practical experience of data management, data remediation, front to back system data flows, data handling, transmission, aggregation and/or data modelling is a plus
- Program and project management skills that include both Waterfall and Agile e.g. Scrum is a plus
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs