Controller Data Transformation Analyst – Data Requirements/Remediation (AVP)
The Controllers Data team is responsible for the implementation of enhancements to Citi’s Data Operating Model (DOM) in relation to data consumed or produced by the Controllers organization. The team is responsible for understanding the concerns of the stakeholders within the Controllers organization relative to data quality and availability to assess required solutions to address those issues ensuring to coordinate closely with both internal and external stakeholders. They are engaged in efforts to remediate the issues through engagement with resolution teams, bridging the gap between the technology teams and the business teams. The focus will be to satisfy the data needs of the Controllers organization with data that is high quality and fit for purpose. The Controllers Data team will execute activities in support of Finance Transformation Plan sections for data management and remediation to support data consumption, data production, adjustment reduction and other remediation efforts.
This position will be an analyst role within the team who will be responsible for the operationalization of data management standards for data produced and consumed by the Controllers organization. This role will be involved in supporting the data management implementation including defining requirements, supporting implementation, and facilitating consumption of data. Additionally, the role will require coordination with stakeholders in the Controllers organization and other stakeholders across Citi.
The individual in this role will focus on one of the following areas:
- Data requirements for data consumed by the Controllers organization, primarily focused on Regulatory Reporting and Books & Records; or
- Data remediation for data consumed or produced by the Controllers organization, primarily focused on Regulatory Reporting and Books & Records.
- Coordinate requirements gathering process for the Controllers consumption of data, working closely with functional teams, process owners, product SMEs across Controllers / Finance to understand data needs, including critical data elements, data quality rules, etc.
- Assess functional team requirements and consolidate/standardize to facilitate conversations with upstream data producers and implementation teams
- Facilitate the collection of data issues impacting Controllers consumption of data while taking ownership of ensuring the appropriate routing and remediation of identified issues
- Work with groups across Controllership and the wider Finance organization to capture, evaluate, identify synergies and paths of potential remediation for reported data quality issues
- Analyze data from multiple sources (e.g. reports, scorecards, diagrams) to validate dimensions and impact of data quality issues
- Analyze data to identify data quality issues and correlate those issues with data specifications and quality rules
- Support the implementation of data management initiatives across Citi to ensure the needs of Controllers are met and that the data is fit for purpose.
- Collaborate with teams across Citi including the Chief Data Office, Technology, and functional teams to conduct data diagnostic efforts, investigate root cause of findings, and present recommended options for solution(s) and remediation
- Coordinate with other Finance Data Transformation workstreams (e.g. Governance, Controls) to ensure data remediation efforts or outcomes adhere to Finance Transformation Program project plans and requirements
- Contribute to development and maintenance of data lineage, process maps, data concepts and glossaries and own Controllers inventories of issues to catalog, monitor, assess, forecast and report on data quality issue remediation efforts
- Facilitate the transition of data consumption from existing models to the enhanced data management framework, including defining consumption points, trusted sources, and technology enablers
- Participate in the development of data quality rules and metrics, including dashboards, KPIs, and other measurements of success
- Define and implement data domain metrics and an ongoing data remediation process to ensure sustainability of data framework
- Facilitate or contribute to status meetings (recurring and ad-hoc) with required stakeholder communities (including senior management) by preparing materials and updates, summarizing issues and risks, defining agreed action items and next steps
- Create project artifacts including, but not limited to: business and functional requirements, user acceptance test plans, and operational readiness documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Data Management or related field is required.
- 3+ years working in the financial services industry, financial data management, or financial data remediation is required
- Outstanding analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills with ability to break challenges into component parts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Ability to lead and drive change through creative thinking and pragmatism
- Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and plan / prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work with stakeholders to elicit and formally define their requirements
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and translate to the delivery of successful results in a complex and cross-functional organization
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening, and interviewing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- Broad experience of Finance or Operational/Technology function within Banking organization is preferred
- Experience supporting transformation projects and organizational change initiatives a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with financial products life cycles and associated data needs preferred
- Experience with controller functions, financial books & records, and/or regulatory reporting is a plus
- Experience in data governance programs with knowledge of data governance principles and practices is a plus
- Practical experience of data management, data remediation, front to back system data flows, data handling, transmission, aggregation and/or data modelling is a plus
- Program and project management skills that include both Waterfall and Agile e.g. Scrum is a plus
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Balance Sheet Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs