Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
AVP, Product Control Senior Analyst - Private Equity ValuationsApply Now Locations: Getzville, New York Job Function: Finance Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20185716
We are seeking an outstanding candidate to be a private equity valuation specialist. The private equity valuation group is a new team within Citi’s Valuation Control Group (“VCG”) that will be responsible for all private equity investments across Citi globally.
This role requires solid understanding of financial statement analysis gained in a valuation, credit or research role at a public accounting firm, consulting firm, investment fund, bank or another financial institution. A working knowledge of the approaches used to value private equity investments (e.g. DCF, comparable public companies, comparable transactions etc.) is preferred.
The individual in this role will be interacting with senior management within Finance, Front Office and Risk Management and will support the development of a strong private equity valuation framework and the application of consistent valuation controls at Citi.
Strong communication skills are vital, with a focus on the ability to communicate complex ideas concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate attention to detail.
VCG is a cornerstone of the Product Control function. The function is organized into product-aligned teams including a dedicated valuation control team. The product scope is comprehensive and includes a full range of security and derivative products.
The key responsibilities of the VCG team are to perform the independent price verification for private equity investments owned by Citi; develop and implement standards and best practices for the necessary valuation controls; and provide subject matter expertise for accounting and disclosure requirements.
There will be regular interaction with a wide variety of other functions within Markets and Banking globally and within the global Product Control organization.
- Analyzing private equity and venture capital investments in a variety of industries, with a focus on the market infrastructure and fintech sectors.
- Assessing financial performance and evaluating comparable public companies and comparable M&A transactions
- Building and maintaining financial projections models
- Summarizing valuation methodologies and conclusions in investment review documentation
- Developing of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with policies and standards pertaining to valuation control.
- Acting as a first point of escalation regarding any discrepancies across relevant systems, models and documents
- 3-5 years of experience in private equity valuation, credit analysis, equity research or a related analytical role, at a public accounting firm, valuation firm, consulting firm, private equity fund or a bank
- Experience with financial statement analysis
- Strong excel modeling skills
- Understanding of current accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments.
- Ability to manage time and work priorities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to perform within a high pressure and time-sensitive environment
- Willingness to work with other stakeholders in driving change
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Capacity to understand complex concepts and effectively challenge peers in other groups across the organization.
- Hands-on. Must have a good eye for detail, but also be able to communicate to seniors in a succinct/clear fashion
- Leadership skills and an ability to work with teams across regions and businesses.
- Ability to act as a business partner to Business, Risk, Compliance and Finance
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop leadership skills within the Private Equity Valuation Control team.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any finance, economics or related quantitative subject.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.