Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Tax Senior Manager
- Primary Location: Germany,Hessen,Frankfurt am Main
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18058574
• Safeguard tax compliance and tax planning with regard to German tax issues for all of the Firm’s legal vehicles, including identification and safeguarding of key tax risks.
• Manages and supervises the outsourcing partner
• Manage accounting for income taxes and VAT in connection to German related business
• Work closely with the Firm’s other departments and with the Local, Regional and Global Finance management teams
• Conduct and delegate – where appropriate – German day-to-day tax matters addressed to the department from different business units and handle German tax issues, in the field of corporate income tax law as well as trade tax law and value-added tax law
• The position sits within the Finance/ Tax Department in Frankfurt and will work with the CFO/Deputy CFO
• The Tax Senior Manager in Germany is a key role and works closely with tax authorities, auditors, the local finance team and the regional / US tax teams, manages the German tax position, and provides support to businesses in corporate tax matters
• Expert in tax matters, including tax accounting and reporting, according to German requirements and US GAAP rules. It is a critical role to safeguard, support and represent German related business for German tax matters.
• Responsible for the coordination and review of the external service provider in performing the following activities:
o Preparation, completion and timely filing of (monthly, quarterly or annual) federal, international and local tax returns in accordance with tax law either statutory or not, such as income tax, trade tax, value-added tax or withholding tax returns, including all related tax analysis (comprising inter alia application of double tax treaties) and support as well as review of tax assessment notices..
o Preparation of tax analyses, tax calculations or tax estimations related to German business
o Preparation of tax balance sheet reconciliation, including evaluation, calculation and assessment of tax balance sheet and tax profit and loss items in accordance with German tax law effected by the external service provider
o Preparation of tax packages, periodic assessment of DTAs and US tax accruals liaising with UK and US Tax departments.
o Preparation of accounting entries liaising with the Controller’s Team.
• Monitor tax payments and tax prepayments
• Analysis and monitor the local effective tax rate
• Participate to the new products approval committee to provide necessary guidance on Tax related matters from a local perspective
• Provide German tax analysis for acquisitions and dispositions
• Analyse and assess risks related to outsourcing to ensure compliance with the requirements of financial supervisory authorities such as BAFin
• Manage actively operational risk process for tax (MCA)
• Interface with Tax Auditors and coordinate communication, delivery of information, tracking of requests and findings as well as internal communication to local management and Regional and NY Tax Teams.
• Be contact person vis-à-vis the auditors of the annual financial statements or internal auditors for tax related matters
• Analysis and monitor all tax contingencies in country and timely communicate potential tax risks/exposures to local finance and the regional tax team.
Tax Laws changes
• Support the Firm’s German business and coordinate external expertise for corporate and income tax law, trade tax law, value-added tax law, real estate transfer tax law and withholding tax law.
• Monitor changes to tax law, including pre-warning and internal updates to the Businesses, with an assessment of potential implications. Coordinate and monitor their implementation.
• Attend and provide input / updates to the Regulatory Compliance Management Committees
• Help execute global and German specific work-streams in relation to US Tax reform
• Job holder will own permanent tax tasks and duties as well as projects from inception to completion, dealing with a wide variety of internal clients and external administration
• The broad range of tasks will enable the jobholder to experience many different aspects of work between the poles of tax compliance and tax planning, and allow for plenty of independence, self-dependence, self-structuring and self-responsibility
• Opportunities available to take on additional responsibilities over time and work on international projects
• University degrees in legal or economics
• Certified German tax advisor (Steuerberater)
• Fluent in both written and spoken German and English
• Minimum 8+ years experiences in a tax oriented environment (banking), thereof ideally minimum 5 years of experience as a manager in an international tax advisory firm, specific experience in international banking tax law prioritized
• Goal-oriented and with desire for new challenges
• High performance and motivation level
• Self-starting individual, high competency to follow through when facing obstacles
• Demonstrate ownership and work independently
• Responsible, committed and self-motivated individual, demonstrating initiative
• Committed, fair and trusted team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills, discretion, loyalty and flexibility
• Minimum of 5 years experiences within the Tax Business/Advisory – financial Services Industry similar product
• Experience in international banking business
• Excellent analytical skills
• Very good Accounting knowledge
• Good PC knowledge (MS Office, Excel, Access, PowerPoint / desktop applications/ Citi Applications / maintenance of databases or spreadsheets with macros)
• Excellent competencies in English language (both oral and in writing)
• German native language skills
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer