Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Senior Auditor (M/W/D)
- Primary Location: Germany,Hessen,Frankfurt am Main
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19023125
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The primary role will be
• to provide audit assurance on compliance with German Regulatory requirements outlined in the Minimum Requirements for Risk Management (MaRisk), particularly those relating to technology, corporate policies and procedures.
• to quarterly access and evaluate risks and compensating controls within the Germany Technology Infrastructure groups and report on exceptions. This requires close liaison with technology stakeholders in country.
• to maintain close co-ordination with Internal Audit teams across Citi in accordance with a matrix responsibility and execution model.
• in a broader context to provide technology support as required on integrated audits with audits product teams to facilitate expert technology analysis and audit coverage of the chosen data populations.
• Applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
• Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Performs audits in Consumer or Corporate and Investment Banking, related to technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
• Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and budgeted costs.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to focus audit testing.
• Some travel may be required.
• The position offers subject matter expertise development opportunities within and across a broad array of functions and businesses. It also allows for exposure to senior management in various governance forums.
• Must hold a recognized professional qualification. Examples are CIA, QiCA, CISA, CISM, CISSP trained or similar professional qualification.
• University degree in business administration, computer science or equivalent combination of education/experience is preferable.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding Information Technology e.g. operating system Unix or cloud technologies. Subject matter in regards to technology infrastructure is preferable.
• Should have a good understanding of operational risk management and control best practice across the financial services industry together with a knowledge of MaRisk and a high degree of familiarity with financial sector regulation in general.
• Should have a good level of knowledge of liability issues, the use of different legal vehicles, standard documentation, and other legal risks.
• Proficient in auditing and validating models, including the requirements of key regulators.
• Good knowledge in understanding and developing risk metrics and reporting.
• Proficient understanding of which client sector information and fact patterns are leading indicators for changes in overall risk to a business.
• Expert understanding of decision making and approval for key issues and time sensitive decisions.
• Well-developed interpersonal and presentation skills; the candidate will have to interface with local managers and executives.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders and to lead in peer/influence models.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Financial Services in highly respected diversified institutions with complex and diverse products and customers.
• Demonstrable career progression within bank/audit institutions for at least 2 years.
• Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
• Candidate must have a very good knowledge of control systems as well as an understanding of best-in-class audit methodologies. Must be proficient in risk and control analysis and audit concepts for a range of products and specialized areas and be skilled at analyzing root causes of problems and anticipating ‘emerging risks’.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style. Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
• Effective and articulate communicator in German and English, both orally and written.
• There is an expectation that travel will be required and could be up to 25%.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer