Risk - Counterparty Credit Risk Manager - SVP (M/W/D)
As part of the implementation of Citi’s transformation of CGME into an investment firm in Germany and as part of Citi’s Brexit strategy, a new role is required to strengthen the Counterparty Credit Risk function and team in Frankfurt.
The role will involve close collaboration with Financial Institutions Risk Management (FIRM) and various other functions within and outside of EMEA. Focus will be on the implementation and management of a regulatory-compliant and robust counterparty credit risk framework for the entity and meeting the needs of local regulators and CGME’s Board. Among other things, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, reporting and escalating counterparty credit-related risks to internal and external stakeholders.
In relation to Brexit, Citi's goal is to ensure continuous and consistent service for our UK and EU clients, while retaining safety and soundness and limiting the impact to our business. Whilst Citi continues to operate in the UK market, we are also developing a new solution to meet the needs of EU-based customers. Accordingly, Citi has established the HQ of a new EU investment firm (broker-dealer) in Frankfurt, leveraging its existing infrastructure, people, and expertise there, as well as continuing to recruit new talent in Germany.
FIRM is responsible for the management of counterparty credit risk exposures. This position will be housed within FIRM with the focus on key risk areas for this entity and will work closely with the global and regional team on developing and implementing this framework.
The successful candidate will directly support the execution of the Franchise’s framework for the management of counterparty credit risk as well as their appropriate and accurate reflection in advanced regulatory capital requirement calculations.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The role will report to the Head of Counterparty Credit Risk at CGME.
- Support CGME’s Counterparty Credit Risk Head and team
- Implement and manage the expansion of CGME’s counterparty credit risk framework while leveraging analytically existing frameworks and best practises within Citi which need to be built out in a novel and complex and continually changing regulatory environment.
- Analyse and recommend approvals for client and intercompany exposures
- Monitor and manage CGME’s counterparty credit facilities, exposure, industry, product and macro-economic developments and assess the impact on portfolio
- Respond to information requests from regulators and the Board of CGME with respect to counterparty credit risk related topics.
- Develop knowledge of how the counterparty credit risk function integrates within the FIRM organisation
- Delivery of risk reports / analytical commentary to the Management and Supervisory Board, Risk and other relevant Committees along with Regulators and Senior Management.
- Establish and document policies and procedures consistent with global Citi and regulatory requirements and to demonstrate sound risk practises. Track and implement global policies relevant to CGME.
- Justify approach, methodology and execution of risk framework to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. senior management, internal & external audit etc.)
- Assist in developing and applying hedging and other risk management techniques across the portfolio
- Work with other functions to deliver on projects and reports that are relevant to CGME
- Support the counterparty credit risk model and other relevant areas with input
- Extract, manipulate larger data sets for coherent reporting and presenting to senior management
- Undertake critical projects and ad-hoc risk requests as they arise
- Work closely with the regional and global FIRM EMEA Team and the risk teams of other Citi legal vehicles.
Building on your analytical and technical background, we expect you to drive projects and assignments of high complexity with various stakeholders within Citi. This is a hands-on role, suited for an experienced professional who can combine technical expertise with a broader skillset of managing stakeholders and pushing an agenda forward.
The successful candidate will directly support the buildout of the franchise’s framework for the management of counterparty credit risk as well as their appropriate and accurate reflection in advanced regulatory capital requirements calculations. As such, the role will entail exposure across businesses and functions operating on Citi’s new EU investment firm.
- Significant interaction with management and exposure to local and regional stakeholders
- Significant scope for improving processes and practices
- Breadth of role will provide significant business and personal development opportunities
- Unique opportunity to be part of the inception of a new entity and business structure in a key strategic area for Citi
- Initiating short / long term business strategies overseeing recommendations through implementation
Opportunities available to take on additional responsibilities over time.
- Background in counterparty credit risk management or financial services (e.g. asset management, markets, securities trading, banking, transaction structuring etc.)
- Knowledge of broker dealer trading and clearing products a plus
- Strong grasp of current technologies including stress testing is highly beneficial
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Up-to-date working knowledge of regulatory requirements and change, specifically those from Basel and European regulatory authorities (desirable)
- It is essential that the candidate has a proven ability to analyze and assimilate information for presentation to legal entity committees and senior management (internally and externally).
- Advanced credit and counterparty credit skills
- Ability to identify complex business issues ensuring proper analysis / interpretation of issues
- Strong local and remote people management skills, partnering and influencing skills.
- Significant scope for improving processes and practices
- Strong communication skills and exceptionally good at stakeholder management at all levels
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills & ability to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels across the firm
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to lead projects and assignments of high complexity within Citi
- Technical expertise with the ability to combine a broader skillset of managing stakeholders and driving a strategic agenda.
- Understanding of Citi’s risk management practices
- Understanding of key regulations affecting CGME and Citi.
- 10+ years or relevant work experience
- Excellent academic background (Engineering / Classical Analytics / Business Studies / Economics) degree qualified
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German (preferred)
- MaRisk, CRR, EBA Guidelines (desirable) or strong understanding of risk management principles
- English and German fluency (written and spoken)
- Integrity, maturity, dependability
- Ambitious and hard working
- Willing to learn
- Be a team player and get along well with different personality types, potentially across dual location
- Positive and pro-active professional attitude
- Ability to manage multiple demands
- Self-driven and finds it natural to take initiative and set the agenda
- Demonstrates appreciation for diverse workforce, and uses these differences to make better decisions
- Leads by example as a strong role model
- Promotes diversity of thought, background and experience
- Maintains business focus – understands client needs and drives customer satisfaction
- Entrepreneurial, in a corporate / globally regulated bank context
- Holds self and other accountable for results
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Country Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs