Group Information Security Officer
Group Information Security Officer – C14
Brief Description of the Organization:
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
The Group Information Security Officer (GISO) within the EMEA RISO (Regional Information Security Officer) office covers all organizations within the assigned Material Legal Entity(s) (MLE) / Legal Vehicle(s) (LV). The position is accountable for the Legal Vehicle IS Programs and responsible for the execution of the Legal Vehicle, Regional and Global IS Strategy and Programs to achieve “Best in Class” IS Standards in the Legal Vehicle(s). The position reports directly to the RISO.
- Develop strategy and manage the IS Programs in close collaboration with RISO (Regional Information Security Officer), Legal Vehicle and Regional Management.
- Provide regular updates on the state of Information Security to the Boards and Committees for each of the assigned Legal Vehicles
- Provide regular updates on Citi’s IS strategy, posture, programs and evolution to all applicable regulators
- Ensure a strong understanding to all stakeholders of the IS Policy, identification of Internal, Regulatory, Reputational and Compliance gaps and provide appropriate consultation to stakeholders about options for resolution
- Analyse and report performance metrics, trends, and performance improvement options to management and business leaders. Ensure that IS metrics meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Monitor CAPs and remediation efforts in response to security events, assessment and audit results
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the status of all IS programs and initiatives in the assigned Legal Vehicles
- Work with global CISO teams to ensure programs satisfy Legal Entity requirements or Legal Entity specific requirements are integrated into global programs
- Demonstrates effective people and organizational skills. Able to manage and direct a team of ISOs and influences management decision making even where the GISO has no specific authority.
- Participates in discussions about strategic solutions for the business.
- Be a subject matter expert by understanding and implementing requirements relevant to Citi policies, legal and regulatory requirements that impact IS and Technology Risk Management
- Provide oversight over IS related Reviews and interact with regulators and auditors on reviews of technology platforms
- Ensure effective management of the IS programs including metrics to provide early and timely detection, reporting, escalation and remediation of Risks and unresolved issues
- Educates management and employees about the value that IS brings to their organization.
- Liaises with business heads regarding material IS issues and their potential business impact.
- Collaborates with senior business leaders to achieve Global IS program goals and objectives.
- Ensures business compliance with IS policies, practices, and procedures
- Provides oversight to ensure that processes and projects are completed in a timely manner
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders across functions. Participates and communicates with professional external parties as needed
- Establishes regular communication with ISOs in the organization to provide direction, advice, and guidance.
- Communicates and discusses changes to IS regulations and standards with ISOs.
- Fosters an ISO community that encourages a forum for sharing ideas and challenges.
- Ensures IS programs and processes are working as intended to identify and mitigate risk for their business(es); provides feedback to the IS programs for identified areas of improvement.
- Provides oversight to ensure IS processes and projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IS Controls collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals; requires good industry knowledge.
- Develops Global IS talent
- University degree and CISA/CISM/CISSP certification(s)
- Extensive years of solid experience in either IT analysis/design, program/project management, information security or control and compliance
- Strong collaborative and communication skills; with ongoing commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated strength in people management and team building
- Strong execution capability
- Ability to operate in diverse environments and cultures
- In-depth knowledge of operations and processes, ideally across multiple geographies
- Must be highly organized and have strong project management skills
- Able to operate and articulate effectively in a matrix environment
- Strong client relationship management skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Information Security
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs