Associate Banker Team Leader
Citi Global Wealth is a Division of Citi focused on serving the needs of clients across the entire wealth spectrum. It has been created by combining the Wealth Management businesses across Citi Global Consumer Bank and Citi Private Bank. It generates over $6.6 Billion of Revenue across its global footprint in Asia, EMEA, Mexico, and North America. Citi Global Wealth delivers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. By building on the strengths and capabilities across Citi, we intend to transform the way we serve clients across the wealth spectrum, delivering the full range of high tech and high touch capabilities Citi can offer, and ultimately help them achieve their goals. Citi Global Wealth propositions are delivered via tailored offerings across the Citigold, Citi Private Client, and Citi Private Bank brands.
As part of the Private Banking growth strategy we are strengthening our presence in Germany. The Associate Banker Team Lead role is key as part of this expansion through building the team in a dynamic environment.
The Associate Banker Team Lead will provide excellent client service in partnership with the Private Banker. The role works closely with clients and Private Bankers to provide a high level of sales and product experience, transaction management and support the banker in all aspects of reporting and regulatory requirements. Solid knowledge of bank products, transaction management and regulatory requirements are required. The role is also responsible for the day to day leadership of the Associate Banker team and works closely to the Business Manager to secure the capabilities, competence development, and overall deliveries from the team are up to the level of quality and securing the compliance with policies and processes.
Provide excellent client experience
- Exceed client expectations by thoroughly understanding problems and providing creative solutions.
- Maintain close contact with clients in conjunction with the assigned Private Bankers.
- Partner with Private Bankers to develop comprehensive understanding of client needs and to assist in executing specific account strategies, proposing solutions and negotiating standard transactions
- Participate in client meetings and account reviews to understand the client’s requirements when possible.
- Follow up on client calls and answer product questions of clients.
- Work with specialists and support team in conjunction with Private Bankers to implement client decisions.
- Review / work with Client Services Officer in all daily cash management duties to escalate to clients and Private Bankers.
- Work in partnership with the Private Banker team including CSO to address the financial needs and expectations of the client
- Process and execute transactions across the broad array of Citi products
- Help identifying new sales opportunities and provide innovative support in marketing strategies.
- Provide sales support to the Private Bankers through joint calls and work closely with product specialists and transactions support personnel to implement client decisions as well as ensuring after-sales follow-up.
Secure Compliance & Processing
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements in line with the policies of the CPB.
- Control and complete with the Private Bankers all KYC / IOS reviews and maintain document deficiencies to a minimum.
- Capture and maintain client information, call reports and Banker pipeline reporting.
- Liaise / work with On-Boarding and Client Services teams in order to facilitate account opening / transactions / investments and liaise with client to ensure completion of the mandatory documentation and to receive duly authorised instructions.
- Maintain learning program through internal courses and external certifications
- Identify ways to streamline internal processes to make them more efficient
- Monitor and adapt to changes in business processes and policies
- Day to day leadership of the Associate Banker team, providing guidance, support and securing clear adherence with compliance requirements, policies and processes
- Support, coach and secure training and development for the team
- Manage administrative HR processes
- Establish a strong internal network to enable the great performance of the team
- Support the team members and bankers with potential escalations
- Work in close cooperation with the Business Manager
- Proven experience working in a Private Banker support role with a high degree of direct client interaction
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of all CPB banking systems, platforms and capabilities.
- Proven experience in a front office environment dealing directly with clients.
- Leadership experience
- A professionally recognized banking based background in front office, investments,
- A sound understanding of processing within a complex systems environment
- Leadership experience
- Pro-active, initiative and driven.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Fluency in English and German
- Excellent relationship building skills (with clients, and across hierarchical levels and other functions).
- Ability to cope with ambiguity & change – high adaptability.
- Ability to challenge status quo and continuously optimize processes and tasks in own area of responsibility.
- Leadership, coaching and developing others
This Role is a “Controlled Function” Role as defined by the Central Bank of Ireland Reform Act 2010 and Principal Regulations 2011, and amending Regulations 2014, 2015.
Job Family Group:Private Client Coverage
Job Family:Private Banker Support
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs