Vice President (VP), Risk Policy Officer
The Risk Policy Officer VP will support the Product Transformation Group (PTG) Product Risk Governance Policies and Guidelines Lead in the creation of enterprise wide policies, standards and processes to support the New Product Approval process, the newly developed Product Inventory and soon to be launched Product Risk Rating and Ongoing Monitoring processes. The end-state goal is to ensure the adoption and adherence to a firm-wide product governance process underpinned by a defined, consistent, robust framework of inter-linked policies, guidelines and procedures across all lines of business. The Risk Policy Officer VP will contribute to the global development of firm-wide product/services risk rating policies and principles, assisting the Lead in guiding the development of downstream policies, guidelines and procedures that will be adopted and implemented on a firm-wide basis across all business lines. The Risk Policy Officer VP will support the Lead in partnering with senior business leaders, the various control functions leaders, 2 line of defense risk managers and external consultants, to create firm-wide governance policies and business specific guidelines and operating procedures specific to product risk governance.
The Risk Policy Officer VP will contribute and provide overall support to the Lead in driving and supporting the business leads within the Institutional Client Group (ICG), including Markets and Securities Services (MSS), Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA), Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) and Citi Private Bank (CPB); Global Consumer Bank (GCB); and Corporate Treasury to operationalize the global policies and business specific guidelines, enabling execution and oversight and updating of the inventory product repository, periodic reviews, post-implementation reviews and the end-to-end product approval and governance processes, within targeted timeframes. Included in this body of work are the policies, guidelines and procedures supporting the New Product Approval process and the process for assessing product risk ratings and ensuring up-to-date product inventory of product and services provided by Citi to its client base. Inclusive of the governance process is the drafting and implementing of policies for on-going monitoring of the products’ and services’ risk profiles to ensure that products and services continue to operate as originally intended and approved.
As part of this process, the Risk Policy Officer VP will collaborate with each of the business teams to identify which of the existing business, risk and controls infrastructure, policies, governance forums and processes can be leveraged or amended to enable all existing firm-wide products/services to undergo a transparent, consistent, rigorous, documented and auditable review and risk rating process; incorporating outcomes from post-implementation reviews and periodic product/services reviews across all business lines globally.
The Risk Policy Officer VP will focus on ensuring consistency of policy drafting, implementation and execution, as well as drafting of a governance and escalation model for Policy Exceptions, Breaches and Violations and corresponding escalation processes firm-wide. Policies/guidelines will cross both first-line-of-defense (1LOD) and second-line-of-defense (2LOD) functions.
The Risk Policy Officer VP serves an integral part of the larger Product Governance Implementation team. The team will work together to drive a consistent approach in implementing the overall frameworks, with regular sharing of learnings and best practices between the project implementation partners, across the different business lines. The Risk Policy Officer VP will support the Lead in driving the evolution of business specific polices and guidelines to ensure a comprehensive, transparent and rigorous governance framework; embed best practices; incorporate any regulatory and audit feedback and other industry changes due to the changing business environments that keep the ongoing monitoring of products and services inventory and risk ratings relevant, accessible, and consistent within a firm-wide comprehensive repository.
- Drafting/Updating and Defining Policies, Standards and Procedures that support the New Product End-to-End Approval Process: Support and establish policies and guidelines for the firm-wide governance committees and forums to govern new products/services in a consistent, transparent, cohesive approach within the newly established holistic and comprehensive end-to-end product approval governance framework. Policies and guidelines include control processes through Committee/Forum peer reviews and on ongoing monitoring and upkeep of a firm-wide inventory repository and workflow tool.
- Product and Services Risk Rating Framework: Support the design and drafting of policies, guidelines and procedures for firm wide risk rating products and services for new product approvals (flow) and existing product and services inventory. Provide subject-matter-expertise on minimum requirements based on best practices for product/services end-to-end governance, post-implementation review and ongoing monitoring.
- Provide support and subject-matter-expertise in the development/revision of firm-wide risk management policies to address outstanding issues from external regulators, internal & external auditors, and issues raised by internal risk management and business management.
- Actively participate in working groups developing and instituting new policies with high impact for significant business and cultural changes to institute and ensure sustainability of a comprehensive product/governance inventory operating model.
- Work collaboratively with the business leads in the operationalization of the business specific guidelines on product/services evergreen inventory management/monitoring and the use of the workflow tools that enables execution and oversight of the end-to-end product/services approval and governance processes within targeted timeframes.
- Tactically support the design pilot, including tools and MIS templates, business specific training and Frameworks plans.
- Design a weekly progress reports to track progress to the Program Management Office (PMO) team and Product Governance Policies, Guidelines and Procedures for delivery against existing and new relevant CAPs (Corrective Action Plans).
- Provide counsel and subject matter expertise for the development of enhancements to the business specific process including: 1) Governance & Controls: Ensure supporting Policy, Standards and Procedures remain robust and relevant, with a highly effectively governance and control environment. 2) Process: Ensure efficient and effective processes to facilitate approvals and risk management oversight. 3) Risk Assessment: Ensure effective and robust identification of risks that link to risk appetite and strategy.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Business and Control Functions that participate in the product approval and governance process.
- Ensure consistency across documentation, process memos and artifacts. Simplifying format and content wherever possible.
- 6-10 years relevant experience within financial services.
- Degree in English, journalism, economics, finance a plus.
- Demonstrated policy drafting experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, editing and documenting complex structures.
- Editing/drafting experience in writing professional documents including process flows, technical flows, policy documents.
- Evidence of policy experience in a banking and/or financial institution with ability to lead documentation efforts independently.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Citi or Banking Industry businesses and products and their risk profile and ability to apply this knowledge to specific situations.
- Knowledge of the relevant customer, industry and product range with an understanding of risk disciplines (e.g., market risk, credit risk, operational risk management, compliance, modelling, technology, strategic, etc.).
- Experience working with multi-functional partners and internal stakeholders.
- Experience working within a global matrix financial organization.
- Demonstrated experience defining and drafting governance frameworks, policies, guidelines and procedures within a large global and complex financial services organization.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong negotiation and influencing skills – ensuring clarity, brevity and concise structure and organization.
- Experience in project and product management.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts, translate into “user friendly” language and effectively present in text or slide format.
- Strong organizational, administrative and execution skills to effectively operate in a large global company and the ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume and complex environment with changing priorities with a practical solution-driven approach.
- Background in process re-engineering a plus.
- Integrity, honesty, sound judgment, common sense, and attention to detail with ability to build strong working relationships, effective collaborative working groups and delivering within tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Policy
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs