Compliance Testing Sr Officer - Consumer Bank Operations
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Testing team responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defense. Also responsible for performing risk assessments of Citi's compliance risks; performing independent testing activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
Key Activities include:
- Developing, implementing, and executing compliance testing, continuous testing, and reporting programs within an assigned region in accordance with the Compliance Testing (CT) Plan.
- Participating in the planning, executing, and reporting of compliance testing reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity within an assigned (North America) in accordance with CT Plan, specifically for US Consumer Operations and Shared Services entities in support of Branded Cards, Citi Retail Services and Retail Banking.
- Serving as a lead reviewer for complex reviews, analysing report findings, and communicating findings to corresponding control/process owners.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of high quality, value added testing and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
- Analysing and documenting report findings, and having preliminary discussions with corresponding control/process owners.
- Assisting with development of Compliance Testing Risk Assessments, Monitoring Monthly, and Quarterly Summaries and the development and enhancement of the Compliance Testing Methodologies and Standards for auditing, testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Utilizing innovative compliance testing solutions including Data Analytics to increase value and reduce costs of compliance-related activities.
- Developing effective relationships within CT function and with other stakeholders including Business process owners and Internal Audit function.
- Identifying industry best practices and share insight with the CT teams on a regular basis.
- Informing CT management of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience inan audit, compliance testing or risk focused role
- Expertise of consumer banking compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities
- Knowledge and extensive experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional access segregation of duties, transactional testing, surveillance systems, and reporting activities
- Demonstrated career progression within highly respected diversified institutions with complex and diverse products and customers
- Understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements impacting financial services and [insert product, function, legal entity or regional nature of role as required]
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong relationships with stakeholders and engaging teams
- Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in interacting with non-executives and executive management and across a number of business lines and control functions
- Willingness to travel
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree a plus
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs