Head of Wealth KYC Operations- C15
Head of Wealth KYC Operations is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department to provide Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring, governance, oversight, and regulatory reporting services in coordination with the Compliance and Control team. The overall objective of this role is to lead the management of a dedicated internal KYC (Know Your Client) program at Citi.
- Partner with Wealth business to ensure a fit for purpose and best in class KYC operational program for Wealth clients appropriately measured by key performance indicators measuring regulatory compliance, client experience, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Be a Thought Leader and champion opportunities to optimize performance across all dimensions to the benefit of our clients, our regulatory commitments, our risk appetite, employees, and Citi’s franchise.
- Adapt to changes in KYC client population, regulatory commitments, internal compliance commitments, etc., as appropriate
- Develop, manage, and continuously optimize productivity strategies in accordance with global standards to ensure throughput is accurately reflected
- Ensure appropriate and best-in-class solutions to enable operational excellence including appropriate operational capacity, productivity and client delivery frameworks to ensure an effective and sustainable end-to-end KYC process across the U.S. Wealth and Citigold AML/ KYC Business Unit and ensure global compliance with KYC standards
- Work with rest of NAM KYC operational teams to set productivity targets at a global, regional, hub, satellite, team lead and individual level
- Ensure adequate capacity planning/workload prioritization across teams relative to identified targets, SLAs and Regulatory commitments, Customer and Business priorities and participate in management forums for establishing vision and setting management strategy relating to the KYC Program for the US Wealth & Citigold platform.
- Sponsor AML KYC projects and transformation programs that improve operational productivity and effectiveness for the US Wealth & Citigold platform-based work, oversee critical project activities, inter-dependencies, risk components, progress communication, coordination, and collaboration across teams / KYC commitments
- Directly engage support functions (e.g., Wealth Advisory, Change Delivery, Reporting & Analytics, Technology, Risk and Control, CBORC) to enable appropriate development and delivery of strategies to address regulatory, operational, risk and/or business priorities.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation. and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients, and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing, and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Oversee NAM KYC Operations activities for US Wealth clients (FA & RM managed). This includes teams based in the US and Costa Rica (380+) including but not limited to platform expansion to support growth in Wealth, CX, VOE, R&R, Talent development, talent acquisition/retention, performance management etc.
- 15+ years of experience in a related role with extensive experience in Financial Services business, functional and people management.
- AML/KYC experience a must, ideally with track record of people leadership in this capacity
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Certification is a plus
- 15+ years’ experience managing managers or large operations teams
- Thought Leader who proactively identifies gaps in processes and seeks to improve existing performance both from a tactical short-term viewpoint and strategic long-term perspective
- History of delivery in a complex operating environment with the ability to influence, communicate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of people across different functions, levels of seniority, and senior leadership.
- History of effective collaboration across partners and stakeholders to create and deliver strategies with high impact to optimize performance
- Ability to rationalize and effect organizational change to maximize effectiveness. Proven track record in terms of evaluating process performance across key metrics and envisioning ways to simplify/reengineer the process to create significant improvement across all key variables
- Expertise in regulatory policy especially BSA / AML related and track record of operationalizing regulatory requirements
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a complex and dynamic environment
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with strong ability to drive execution and productivity of large teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial awareness, banking, or credit cards
- Demonstrated delivery of strategies and solutions with high impact on effectiveness, efficiency, customer experience and risk and control
- Ensure business lines under management meet quality standards and SLAs
- Ability to drive change to business practices by working effectively across a global organization
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment globally
- Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of discretion and judgment related to proposed changes to the Business
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience; ability to think strategically and ‘connect the dots’, yet be detail-oriented
- Have a very strong sense of ownership in terms of timely and successful delivery.
- Ability to influence and lead people at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Ability to convey complex concepts to Senior Managers and Organizational Leaders, articulating key points and recommendations for decision-making and strategic planning
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Power point, excel and word
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
*This role may be considered to sit at other US Citi site locations*
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:AML Execution
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs