Head of Recovery and Cards Business Control
The Compl Bus Control Dir (Mgr) manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
- Responsible for leading the internal business control teams; working with leaders and business/functional leaders to ensure control policies and practices provide continuing value to the organization and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory & policy requirements.
- Accountable for audit and exam management, issue management, change control, regulatory/policy adherence, and 3rd party vendor audit and resolutions.
- Serve as a senior advisor to various operations based units across the firm.
- Provides leadership in an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory environment across all departments.
- Ensures requirements are identified, implemented, and monitored and that identified issues are remediated.
- Holds the team and issue owners accountable to ensure self-identified issues meet the established IBAM (Issues Being Addressed by Management) criteria.
- Create/manage a change control function that ensures that automation and operations changes are tested end-to-end prior to implementation and that all changes are documented and approved.
- Exercises full accountability for end results, budgeting, planning and significant contribution to future strategy of the area.
- Maintain and build a team with the skills to carry out the mission of the team. Develops talent based on career goals to ensure succession planning.
- Work with other control leaders to identify, leverage and implement best practices and processes across Citi to strengthen our control programs.
- Leads discussions with functional leaders to resolve any conflicts regarding issue/remediation ownership.
- Is responsible for ensuring consistent implementation of the MCA, alignment to common Key Operational Risks and Key Risk Indicators.
- Applies knowledge of business products, processes and technology to identify opportunities for further strengthening of the control environment across the business.
- Keeps abreast of competitive landscape. Is considered a subject matter expert in the field of control management.
- Execute governance model and drive cultural change, embedding practices which mitigate risk of regulatory requirement failures.
- Provide oversight for OCC, CFPB and State regulations to ensure requirements met.
- Ensure oversight practices mitigate supplier risk, compliance with the OCC, CFPB, and internal Citi Policy requirements.
- Lead and drive gap analysis reviews against regulatory requirements; identify and close gaps.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience
- Proven track record of leading and executing against large and complex Projects and Programs.
- Ability to work across and build strong partnerships with all functional and business partners.
- Advanced knowledge of critical regulators, regulatory requirements and Citi Compliance.
- Demonstrated understanding of business procedures, financial services, control and regulatory industry knowledge.
- Ability to drive multiple programs through to a successful conclusion.
- Execution focused, evidence of delivering against challenging objectives.
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Process and Governance – ability to create structure in a fairly ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience of coaching and developing others and managing a high performing team.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs