SVP, Senior Manager, USPB Risk Systems & Strategy Execution - Hybrid
Schedule Full-time Shift Day Job Travel Yes, up to 25 % of the Time
The Credit Portfolio Group Manager is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department to monitor the Citi portfolio and identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team. The overall objective of this role is to lead the management of Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally.
- Lead and develop a team of risk analysts and manage complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas
- Lead risk financial forecasting efforts, including designing and maintaining complex credit loss and financial risk forecasting models, conducting cost of credit analyses, and monitoring product trends to identify key areas of risk-opportunity
- Develop, test, optimize and implement credit/valuation policies
- Manage risk levels for the entire credit/valuation spectrum across multiple products and retail formats consistent with program financial goals
- Track and report on initiatives, performance results, emerging trends and opportunities to senior management
- Establish cross-functional partnerships and networks in order to support the execute cross-functional and business initiatives
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience in credit risk management or equivalent training
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Demonstrated accountability for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/geographic regions
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven negotiation skills often used at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with urgency
- Ability to obtain support and buy-in across a wide range of internal and external audiences
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
USPB is seeking an experienced leader for a managerial role within its risk management team. This position will have accountability for maintaining risk process and systems, production databases and decision platforms executing business rules, risk models and strategies on a variety of processes across the U.S. Personal Bank’s business and portfolios. This position will serve as the risk head and process/product owner for a group of risk processes, systems and technologies with accountability for process and data mapping, platform simplification and integration including risk policy and strategy execution, change management and system administration.
Additionally, this role will provide leadership on key strategic initiatives, assist with the coordination of activities within the broader risk and business teams, and serve as a key member of the ECM risk systems and strategy execution team. This role supports new product, partner or program launches, establishes various system settings and automated controls, deploys risk policies and strategies as well as testing systemic strategy execution in support of our portfolios and programs.
Responsibilities include direct risk oversight for data production, automated controls, risk policy and strategy coding, testing and execution and production data outputs driving results, treatments, operational practices and customer experience.
This role will monitor and ensure compliance with the Bank’s Global Consumer Credit Fraud & Risk Policy (GCGFRP), Global Commercial Credit Policy (GCCP), Collateral Management Policy (CMP) as well as other Bank policies, while interacting with many cross-functional teams including: technology, digital, marketing, operations, legal, compliance and 2nd line independent risk management.
This U.S. based role will provide leadership within the USPB business and work to define risk policies and business solutions by providing though-leadership and analytical insight to enhance critical business decisions. This position will also shape the strategic direction and business decisions around the risk systems infrastructure and ensure that various risk systems and processes are properly maintained and capable of executing the policies and strategies as intended, and deployed to maintain acceptable risk / return dynamics and positive customer experiences within the unsecured and secured portfolios.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a large, sophisticated credit granting or risk management organization within a major consumer card, financial services, retailing or consulting business. Their experience will have been gained in high volume, medium-to-high risk environments, where leadership, risk assessment, technological sophistication, and data mining techniques are critical to success. This individual will promote a strong culture of effective leadership, teamwork, and open participation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Direct and manage the implementation of USPB risk strategies within the decision engines and risk control platforms
Pre and post-implementation testing and validation, as well as provide business and strategy direction on a variety of strategy execution, technology and infrastructure projects
Manage and administer changes to key data structures and decision systems including day-to-day business and risk rules management as well as larger projects and investments
Successfully lead various strategic initiatives and / or complex analytical projects within USCB (with particular focus on new products, systems infrastructure and development, risk control process simplification and transformation, new partner launches and program / product features)
Lead the development and maintenance of a comprehensive risk management infrastructure including the data quality and integration into the management information systems (MIS)
Hire, train and develop risk team members, identify appropriate and timely training programs, and actively participate in employee assessment processes
Build and maintain cross-functional partnerships and networks to contribute and drive strong execution around key business initiatives
Establish, monitor and manage data validation processes across key data consumption and production points, including control reports, performance and volume tracking, and other key performance metrics, triggers and thresholds
Ensure compliance with Citi’s internal policies and external regulatory and policy compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong leadership track record, and experience dealing with a variety of lending disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth conceptual/practical knowledge of data, process management and systems and/or expertise in related subject areas
- Knowledge of risk systems, decision technology and/or programming languages
- Experience in the design, implementation, validation and deployment of scoring and segmentation strategies and models
- Working knowledge of the U.S. consumer lending regulatory environment
Minimum Education: BS/BA degree (advanced degree or equivalent education / experience is preferred)
Minimum Experience: Advanced level experience in related role with extensive experience in the lending business, functional and people management. Additionally, a strong understanding of risk management concepts and strategies, lending and cards operations and compliance / regulatory environment and oversight is required.
- Strong analytical and evaluative problem-solving abilities
- Results oriented with a high degree of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically
- Demonstrated ability to assess, attract and retain key talent
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills including coaching, communication and change agility leadership
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate up, down and laterally Qualifications:
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (advanced degree preferred)
Primary Location: NAM-United States, Elk Grove Village, IL
Other Locations: Wilmington, DE; Irving, TX; Atlanta, GA
Job Category: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, up to 25 % of the Time
Salary Grade: C14
Employee Referral Disclaimer Any referral fee you may be eligible for will be based on the referral program for the business in which the vacancy exists.
Employee Referral Eligibility Candidates who already exist in our database may not be eligible for a referral fee. Also, ensure you are not subject to any non-solicitation clauses from previous employers.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs