Program Management - Business Control - VP - Hybrid
This role will be part of the CRS Business Control Team (BCT) specifically the Governance and Audit Readiness team reporting into the Head of CRS with a dotted line to Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC). This role is part of the team managing the business risk profile through comprehensive controls and governance processes which include risk identification, management and mitigation. This role will support the compliance to Citi’s internal policies, processes and controls and CRS procedures. This role will also ensure compliance to external regulation while proactively evaluating the existing control environment for enhancement opportunities.
The Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments and emerging technologies within their assigned field of responsibility. This role as a recognized technical authority, requiring basic commercial awareness, with communication and diplomacy skills in order to guide, influence and convince others. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business.
- Oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess’ risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) areas of risk such as operational, financial, compliance and regulatory.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans).
- Reviews and analyzes a multitude of reports, scorecards and performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory) to operate within Citi’s Risk Framework
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and all Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment in identifying and managing risks for USPBWM.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise for Manager Control Assessments (MCA) and Activities, Risks, Controls and Monitoring (ARCM) to leads and performs risk assessments of deep dive into processes, risks and controls.
- Understand and execute on credit card and banking processes by leveraging this knowledge to provide advice and work with partners to drive proactive engagement as well as forward looking risk management strategies on highest risk priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Identifies key risk indicators then works with the business on development while challenging the business to ensure the correct measures are implemented.
- Supports key business initiatives/programs such as Records Management, PBIO, CoB and other AU essential processes while coordinating between business and technology.
- Proactively builds and maintains collaborative relationships across CRS, NAM and USPBWM including all Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver for customers, line of business (LOB) partners and the organization as a whole by responding to changes in both the internal and external environment.
- Effectively uses data analytics for analysis of controls, issues and emerging risks to include the utilization of CR&C, MCA center etc.
- Promotes the professional development of self and others in the team through proactive in sharing among team(s).
- Proposes innovative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control issues with stakeholders.
- 6-8 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates consistent track record of having worked in a governance role in banking or financial services firm
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding operational risk management policies, Manager Control Assessments (MCA) programs , Activities, Risks, Controls and Monitoring (ARCM) processes and Governance, Risks and Compliance (GRC) Framework.
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change
- Understand how your work contributes to other work across Citi / understand downstream impacts of decisions made
- Proactively seek opportunities to enhance and strengthen infrastructure and controls in a way that: drives value, enables the build of better product and services and balances risks and returns/growth
- Partner across the business in a way that demonstrates collective obligation on managing risk through appropriate controls
- Process re-engineering and improvement mind-set with ability to identify and solve for root cause rather than symptoms; address problem solving and opportunities in a holistic way/break down organization silos
- Continuously seek out opportunities to improve and learn from mistakes
- Seek out diverse perspectives and skill sets recognizing that the power of Citi is the sum of its parts
- Constructively challenge others at all levels and across boundaries to deliver better results; invite challenge
- Fully commit to decisions once made
- Be comfortable communicating reality –honestly, openly and directly
- Work across teams and boundaries, regardless of titles and roles, to deliver the full value of Citi to clients
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- BA/BS degree or equivalent. Related certifications (CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA or similar) are a plus.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs