Director, Point-of-Sale Program Management Group Mgr. - Lending, North America Consumer Bank
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. For the past 200 years at Citi, we have demonstrated a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk-of-life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture of meritocracy, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi’s North America Consumer Bank has a unique opportunity to leverage its consumer relationships, customer base, footprint, state of the art technology and leading consumer banking position to deliver customer value in a targeted and impactful way. To deliver on this mission, we are seeking to hire a Director of Point-of-Sale (POS) Lending Program Management to be part of the recently created North America Unsecured Lending organization.
The Director of POS Program Management reports directly to the Head of POS Financing North America and is responsible for leading our U.S. POS Lending Retail Partnership programs and strategies focused on the management and business growth of our on-card and off-card lending solutions with our partners and clients.
As the lead of a developing Program Management team the candidate will work closely with our partners and internal stakeholders to set strategic vision, define key initiatives and drive the execution of our multi-partner POS lending team solutions. The role is diverse with duties ranging from creating partner development strategies, product busines cases and lending expansion plans, to managing go-to-market / goal activities, developing new business prospect opportunities, conducting business reviews and ensuring a sound operating and control environment for both existing and prospect retail partnerships.
The candidate will also provide leadership and direction to a direct and matrix team across multiple functions including Product Development, Portfolio Management, Marketing, Decision Management, Operations, Digital, Technology, Finance, Risk and Compliance to drive program growth and business goal achievement.
- Provide leadership and set definition of short and long-range business planning activities for each of our POS Lending programs working with internal and external partner management portfolio teams as applicable.
- Develop retailer product deployment and eligibility strategies working jointly with on/off card product development owners and partner teams; ensuring deployment of an aligned plan with our partners.
- Achieve growth of the BNPL and installment lending portfolio, as measured by loans, sales volumes, number of transactions, ticket size, eligibility, response rates, portfolio yields, net credit margin, return on assets and capital and customer experience.
- Work with Finance to create a Full P&L view for POS lending programs in order to track performance and measure financial results and returns.
- Provide structure to manage and conduct all formal Partner negotiations, documentation, communications & contractual meetings.
- Establish ongoing cadence and format for Partner dialogue and engagement both internally and externally.
- Ensure partner owned compliance, audit, and regulatory requirements are current and consistently met working with lending governance, product operating integrity and internal functional control and audit teams.
- Develop and direct program management team and matrixed functions in the execution of their duties.
- Hire, develop and retain top talent to drive ongoing cycle of successful growth.
- Work with Lending Product Managers (Flex Pay, BNPL and Personal Loans) to optimize returns and define the optimal approach to deploy solutions at the point-of-sale with a client centric approach and always aiming to create a best-in-class client experience.
- Define and align key priorities by establishing a clear client objective, product positioning, and pricing that is coherent and aligned across the full spectrum the lending products in North America Consumer.
- Work closely with cross-functional teammates, including Portfolio management, Risk Management, Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Client Experience, Digital, Operations and Technology to execute on priorities within established operating plans and timelines with partners.
- Ten to fifteen years’ business experience, portfolio leadership experience in a private label or credit card environment is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Significant Organizational and Project Management experience – requires solid track record in managing complex business & partner needs.
- Previous experience leading/managing team of direct reports, including goal-setting and effective performance management.
- Superior communication/presentation & influence management skills; must have ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and related experience.
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented, intensive environment.
- Ability to influence and lead in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Ability to represent Citi and the partner in senior executive settings.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business.
- Strategic, analytical, and systematic thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to drive change and continuous improvement.
- Customer first focus with an empathetic and genuine understanding of customer needs.
- Recognized as an example of collaboration and teamwork, as well as an individual who builds trusted relationships across different teams and ability to build internal/external relationships with broader stakeholders across a franchise in order to drive to common goals and outcomes.
- Able to embrace innovation and change, and ability to transform and materially change the business trajectory.
- Execution and results oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs