Business Operations Statement Project Manager
Citi Retail Services Business Operations Statement Project Manager
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Retail Services (CRS) is a leader in the retail credit card industry. CRS manages 43 million active customer accounts via long-standing partnerships with industry leaders including Sears, Macy*s, The Home Depot and BestBuy. Via these relationships, CRS generates $45Bn in managed assets. With a pre-eminent global brand and distribution, CRS delivers industry-leading products, advanced services and payment systems that address clients’ evolving needs.
The CRS Business Operations Department is searching for an individual with experience in understanding how to create requirements, establish systems infrastructure and processes to support projects affecting paper statements for all CRS partners. This individual contributor will engage in all phases of statement project from business requirements, design, development, through production releases. It requires understanding of data mapping, conversion support, strong understanding of project management discipline and an understanding of how to build and structure controls for sustainability. This individual manages statement processes at the campaign level, which include documenting campaign requirements, coding, checking, testing and validation of set-ups through final statement mailing. This position is responsible for working across the organization to lead statement development efforts end-to-end for projects, support remediation efforts, new partner launches and new products. This person will assist in ensuring that testing and quality assurance activities are built effectively and issues that are identified are addressed, as well as troubleshooting issues that surface within the systems. This person will work closely with cross-functional business teams to formulate and implement business recommendations and may report out to management, auditors and regulators on statement processes and functionality. This position works closely cross-functional teams across Partner Management, Marketing, Business Project Management teams, Technology and Operations.
Key Responsibilities & Collaborative Points
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for various business initiatives throughout the project lifecycle to support statement-related requirements
- Contribute and have the ability to create project documentation to support statement related activities such as creating business requirements, project plans, decision documentation, testing documentation, as well as process and procedural materials
- Responsible for timely review, research and resolution of statement-related issues that occur throughout Retail Services
- Project management discipline and problem solving capabilities
- Accountable for reviewing and evaluating statement quality assurance testing and processes to ensure aligned with the appropriate governance controls; ensure issues are addressed as depicted by the service level agreements (SLA) and the controls are outlined within the Manager Control Assessment (MCA) processes
- Support internal and external audits and walk-throughs as required
- Ensure understanding and adherence to the regulatory requirements for the statement-related activities
- Understand critical data processes and technology components within the statement processes; identifying critical gaps and/or opportunities within the statement functionality
- Support new partner onboarding; providing conversion and data mapping support, as needed
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with critical internal business partners
Key Collaboration Points:
In order to operate successfully within this role, this position will partner with the following teams:
- Business Delivery (BPO)
- Customer Service
- Partner Management
- Chief Marketing Officers
- Finance Teams
- Digital Product
Business and Technical Requirements
- 4-5 years of experience working within Credit Card industry and/or IT function in a large, matrixed, multinational organization; Private Label Credit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology or a quantitative discipline or relevant business experience
- Understanding of credit card data, credit card systems and retail statements; knowledge of FISERV, HP Exstream, Campaign Manager a plus
- Jira experience a plus
- Experience in system analysis and writing business and functional specifications
- Knowledge of consumer financial services regulatory environment
- Strong business acumen
- Specific knowledge of private label/co-brand credit cards, commercial products (revolving and PROX); working knowledge of other consumer financial services products a plus
- Demonstrated track record of collaboration across multiple, disparate internal business groups
- Strong problem solving skills to proactively address business questions and the ability to understand trade-offs and impacts, as well as business process reengineering
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities across teams and work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present ideas to audiences at all levels internally and externally
- Demonstrated history of attention to detail and process orientation
- Ability to build strong networks and relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Adaptable to changing environment and experience in driving change
- Comfortable operating in a highly matrixed, complex arena
- Self-aware with ability to adapt to various situations
- Strong team player; ability to lead, partner and negotiate with cross functional teams and across organizational boundaries to successfully deliver client needs
- Intellectually curious, proactively seeking and developing new opportunities
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects
: Bachelor's Degree or relevant business experience
Job Family Group:Marketing
Job Family:Marketing Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs