Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
TTS GPI Product Development Manager-VPApply Now Locations: Dublin, Leinster, New York, New York Job Function: Product Management and Development Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20170446
Global Payments is a key strength and differentiator for Citi. The Global Payments business intermediates and processes flows generated by Corporates, Banks & Financial Institutions and Governments. Overall market size is ~$40 billion in revenues with Citi accounting for $1.5 billion and market share of ~4-5%. Global Payments serve market segments leveraging flagship brands and a standardized set of capabilities. Clearing and FI Payment is a global product that sits within Global Payments
Clearing & FI Payments Product is one of the key components of the wider Global Payments business. It focuses on core payment services to our Financial Institution clients for the clearing of their treasury and commercial payments globally. The business objective is to maximize the penetration of our FI clients’ payment flows in major clearing currencies and in cross-border payments, while building new product capabilities to capture flows vie new infrastructures and business models (e.g. SWIFT gpi). Citigroup is uniquely positioned by way of our global capabilities and geographic reach to exploit this opportunity.
The cross border payments business is evolving at a faster pace than ever before, driven by many market, risk, industry, regulatory and technological developments. The gpi Product Manager will work with global, regional and local product managers to execute and oversee key strategic developments related to these changes specifically focused on the SWIFT global payments innovation (gpi) initiative. This role will be responsible for developing capabilities, operating models and our end-to-end proposition for gpi and gpi next generation solutions. The role will report to the SVP global gpi lead located in Dublin.
SWIFT’s gpi initiative was launched in December 2016 and aims to dramatically improve the customer experience in correspondent banking by increasing the speed, transparency and predictability of cross-border transactions. Citi has been playing a leading role in this initiative and was one of the first banks to go live in Jan 2017. The role will oversee projects and their scheduling/sequencing. It will also provide a decision-making capacity regarding solution features and priorities to Technology and Operation partners and other stakeholders. The role will work across a broad and diverse set of stakeholders to ensure completeness of requirements and alignment on prioritization and strategic direction. The person in this role will also represent the bank as a subject matter expert on gpi and related topics externally with clients and in interactions with SWIFT.
• Executes strategic vision and multi-year product roadmap for GPI, Cyber Fraud and other FI product capabilities in tandem with wider global team, regional teams and other functional partners
• Create and refine business cases to help drive prioritization, investment decisions and product development roadmaps, including alignment with Product Managers across the business on GPI usage globally
• Meet client needs through seamless integration and packaging of GPI payments within other Payments and Receivables products,
• Creates business requirement documents, manages scope and ensures technology delivery meets requirements
• Monitors the solution investment spend and provides business analytics on progress to senior stakeholders
• Aids in the design and development globally working across all functions (product, technology, client operations, risk, compliance, marketing, sales, etc.) and regions
• Lead readiness activities associated with GPI and Cyber Fraud , working across Sales, Operations, Servicing Implementations
• Develop required documentation and training to ensure preparedness
• Drive commercialization of GPI, including development of Pricing strategy and analytics and ancillary value added services that can derive from GPI
• Ensure appropriate documentation in place for cyber fraud indicatives, work hand in hand with Risk and Legal
• Ensure right balance between client experience and risk mitigation across the entire Cyber Fraud space working very closely with Product
• Ensure the development of processes to ensure assessment of customer controls is incorporated into our risk assessment processes
• Define value proposition, competitive positioning, and distribution channels. Build out client-facing Product sales decks, white papers, demos and other client-facing materials to support Sales efforts
• Develop and conduct training for TTS Sales and Account Management and Banking teams
• Develop market segmentation strategies and go to market commercialization plans
• Ensure a strong control environment by optimizing risk/reward trade-off and adhering to all applicable laws
• Ensure product risk, compliance and audit standards and maintain pristine control environment
• Participate in forums established by SWIFT and other industry bodies
• Have direct impact on strategic and franchise critical initiatives
• A global view of the Global Payments businesses
• Direct responsibility across development on New York and Dublin and wider co-ordination responsibility globally
• Industry exposure
• Exposures to seniors within Global payments TTS and ICG
• Subject Matter Expertise
• Acquire internal and external / industry visibility, and develop a network globally
• Development of leadership skills
• Deep Industry knowledge of Payment systems
• Broad understanding of current regulatory environment
• Risk Oriented Individual
• Analytical individual with ability to model data and draw conclusions
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with demonstrated experience in executing against tight deadlines and managing issue escalation
• Demonstrated ability to dissect processes into core components so they can be analyzed, assessed, solutions developed, and benefits quantified
• Experience in project management functions
• Experience working with multiple cross functional teams across multiple locations
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Graduate Degree, with distinguished academic achievement, high level of personal integrity, interest in banking as evidenced by related work experience, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative personality
- 6-10 years of experience
- Level of expertise and demonstrated experience in Product Management and/or Product Development discipline
- Experience in and understanding of logistics or Industrial verticals with e-commerce solutions preferred
- Ability to make complex judgments and to provide solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought comparing and selecting complex alternatives
- In-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions
- Ability to apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated and/or novel situations
- Developed diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers
- Experience with and confidence in delivering presentations to clients and senior managers
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job Functions
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.