Global Payments and Receivables Resilience Lead - Critical Business Services
Citi’s TTS (Treasury Trade Solutions) Payments and Receivables (P&R) business offers payments and receivables solutions to help clients effectively manage their payments with presence in over 100 plus countries and jurisdictions.
As the importance of Banking and financial service continue to grow specifically in the payment’s domain with increasing digitization and real time processing, we are seeing a need to resilience in the service we offer to our clients. This resilience area is evolving as regulators and clients across many countries are identifying need for financial institutions to be resilient and minimize impact to services during disruption.
End to End Resilience takes a client-centric and “outside-in”, cross-organisational approach, rooted in our mission and value as a company. Resilience provide opportunity to deepens our relationships with clients, counterparties and financial market infrastructures, strengthens our internal value-chain, and reduces commercial threats to our growth due to deeper understanding of new and emerging trends, risks and threats.
The Global P&R Resilience Lead for Critical Business Services (CBS) is a strategic professional who will play an integral role in shaping and delivering the global resilience program, as well as representing the program to key senior stakeholders, such as clients, senior management, business executive committees, product and business heads.
This role is part of a growing team, offers an exciting career opportunity at the leading edge of driving culture change, a new way of doing business, and engaging our Clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and represent business as delegate of Critical Business service owner
- Owns and lead execution of CBS’s Operational Resilience attestation across geographies staring with UK & EU shortly followed by US and other material markets
- Driving thoughtful enquiry, problem-solving, constructive challenge and thinking outside the box to drive attestations and readiness to “always stay within impact tolerance
- Coordinates with functional partners and other stakeholders (Component teams) that support the critical business service(s) to perform an evaluation of resiliency, challenges/drive the shift in mindsight from a ‘siloed focus’ to a comprehensive view of dependencies of critical business service, as well as enabling the completion of milestones and deliverables,
- Ensure all component team are compliant with Operational resilience requirements and regulations for the CBS
- Driving resilience initiative for P is able to act in an agile and adaptable manner, to prevent, respond recover and learn from operational disruption events, in a way that clients want to do more business with Citi, and develop deeper trust in us. Note, operational disruption is any type of event from climate change, geopolitical, client issue, changes in local markets (i.e., capital controls), tech outage, transition out of legacy tech into new tech, 3rd party, FMI, data breach and data privacy, cyber etc.
- Drive ongoing product developments to close the gaps need to “always staying within impact limits
- Challenging and reviewing inherent and residual risk end-to-end (across the MCAs that make up a business service), and risk-rating processes from the client’s perspective, to ensure our resilience enables effective risk management during events and incidents to prevent disruption to customers
- Develop and drive a global approach for payments and receivables team in relation engaging our clients, counterparties, and financial market infrastructures.
- In collaboration with Citi’s central resilience teams, lead P&R’s global efforts to develop a model for Impact Tolerances, and embedding resilience in Client Experience, Product Design and Innovation.
- As a P&R CBS lead, this role will have the opportunity to learn about TTS P&R’s overall business model and engaging with Legal Entity CEOs and Country CEOs and their teams.
Lateral thinking, client-focus, collaborative stakeholder engagement, and pragmatic project execution skills are critical. These skills combined with a dedication to learning and a true passion for driving improvement are the key attributes. We value inclusion and diversity and so do you.
For these key roles we’ll also be looking for the following key competencies:
- Awareness of Citi and/or other financial services institutions
- Experience in payments or financial transactions are preferred
- Preferred background / experience across and exposure to multiple disciplines such as client relationship Management, product sales or design, Risk & Controls and/or incident response, Operational or service delivery through direct experience or via program/project delivery.
- Highly motivated and with enthusiasm for Financial Services industry and desire to master the business.
- Able and willing to be bold and imagine a different future state, and to motivate, inspire and work with others to craft and build it.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver who is willing to think ‘out of the box’, and “step into the shoes of” a CEO, board member or client to understand their needs.
- Strong client and innovation focus, and curiosity to learn about new businesses, clients and geopolitics.
- Desire and ability to seek to ‘connect the dots’ and communicate the ‘big picture’.
- Must demonstrate integrity, and the ability to balance analytical thinking with empathy and compassion.
- Strong cultural awareness and valuing of a diverse workforce.
- Strong appreciation of differences in style and/or perspective, utilizing them to inform and enhance decisions or actions.
- Actively collaborates with partners across the bank and industry and achieve actionable results through others.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries, breaking down silos and encouraging the sharing of ideas and lessons learned.
- Executive leadership presence; will earn (and maintain) the trust of senior leaders.
- People-focused attitude, with demonstrated positive relationship management and interpersonal skills with colleagues of all levels, background and across all teams.
- Contribute to continuous team improvement and management, e.g., provide leadership in recruiting, coach junior staff, etc.
- Strong influencing and diplomacy skills, with experience of communicating, negotiating and partnering with more senior colleagues.
- 8-12 years’ experience in financial services,
- Experience in payments or transactional financial business will be preferred
- Client, Service, Operational, or product, risk and control experience is preferred.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Ability to explain technical or complex issues and concerns in non-technical ways.
- Experience in work areas with ambiguous and evolving / innovations
- Accountability and results oriented, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly proficient in MS PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, preferably Masters degree
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs