SALES CONTROLS MANAGER
Assets Sales Controls is a driving factor in delivering value to our organization, our businesses, regulators and stakeholders. The Assets Sales Controls Team will be instrumental in defining, improving and delivering on changes to our Risk and Control Operating model. They will also engage with multiple stakeholders and will be expected to act as a trusted advisor to Assets Leadership. The benefits of good business and operational risk programs (understanding regulatory challenges, asks, timelines, lowered loss expenses linked to better controls as a result of Risk assessments, predictive measures highlighting potential areas for loss, etc.) have inspired managers to more readily embrace the philosophies of Risks and control management.
- Providing oversight of Operational de-risking programs, including maintaining proactive communication with Senior Management concerning the overall plan and execution, as well as participating in prioritization and business reviews with functional partners as well as the Lines of Defense.
- Identifying and leveraging the existing teams to execute on transformation initiatives. Ensuring their alignment to workstreams and workstream leads, identify gaps, assess Operational impacts and identify appropriate resourcing requirements to leadership.
- Effectively engaging the firm’s lines of defense, as well as partnering with Operations and Technology teams.
- Demonstrating thought leadership in presentations to Senior Leadership forums.
- Assess inherent risks, provide quality feedback on forthcoming changes, corrective measures to be undertaken
- Leading the identification and assessment of the risks inherent in all sales processes, activities, processes and systems in coordination with the Product, Operations and Tech Managers
- Execute a metric-driven disciplined risk and control assessment for sales
- Ensure control objectives and action plans are addressed according to Issue Management (ICAPs) procedure
- Understanding of the core systems to ensure all relevant updates to iCAP, ARCM’s, including Regulatory Changes are reflecting correctly and are current.
- Create various reporting metrics to identify emerging business and operational risk trends by channel /process including loss events, near-miss events and readiness of key escalation to the CBORC
- Provide metrics, analysis of risk data, monitoring of corrective actions and MCA control testing
- Serving as a lead Control representatives on various forums, accountable for driving effective governance and issue escalation.
- Manage the Sales Practice Review program for Middle East countries (UAE & BAH)
- Providing monthly updates to senior management on sales controls trends
- Risk and Control Reengineering
- Driving improvements to the Controls environment and processes, ensuring key risks and issues are captured and escalated to Senior Management in timely manner.
- Standardizing and improving our Risk Framework across sales channels.
- Partnering with key leads in Products and Operations teams to ensure a robust controls environment
- Conduct monthly surveillances within the defined timelines on various processes
- Ensure entitlements are as per designed security matrix
- Identify misses, losses, violations to policy and non adherence to processes via designed control measures, analysis, MIS, and other activities
- Escalate matters within defined timelines to senior management
- Execute the Annual Risk Assessment for the sales unit
- Ensuring controls activities are adequately executed and the sampling criteria is as per guidelines
- Standard Controls Test Plan – Being responsible to execute Manager’s controls assessment, review country specific processes based on any local requirements, ensure timely submission of review results and corrective actions with focus on content & quality. Work with stakeholders in planning corrective actions and ongoing analysis and monitoring of exceptions trend.
- Proactive reviews – Execute proactive review schedule for the year including:
- Health checks: Conduct targeted reviews focused on specific operating areas /functions or a business unit driven by control concerns/high risk areas/OREs.
- Process deep-dive: Conduct front to back review of sales processes driven by channel /process failures and control indicators.
- Conformance reviews: Conduct targeted reviews to ensure compliance/conformance with procedures and programs relating to sales global, regional functional policies / guidelines etc. driven by new or changed policies, standards or directives, audit and business monitoring issues.
- KRI oversight & challenge – Monitor metrics and key risk indicators via MIS / dashboards. Analyze and monitor emerging trends, engage with partners to drive remediation, challenge key risk items within metrics and continuous monitoring for improvements in key risk indicators
- While the above list is basis the current requirements, the same is subject to changes based on evolving landscape / business requirements which will be cascaded as and when required
- Strong background in Controls, Operations, Technology process design and re-engineering, improvement methodologies and transactional processing risk management.
- Relevant experience in managing large complex cross-organization programs.
- Strong program management discipline and experience in one or several of business sectors and global functions.
- Strong leadership skills and exemplary values role model, with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change.
- Ability to lead by example, strong influential and interpersonal skills, used to deliver results and push the organization agenda in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to engage at the senior management level and demonstrated communication experience at different levels of organization.
- Experienced in driving change in a multi-country or global scope, ability to manage cultural differences and champion diversity.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years of having managed Controls, Risk, Audit experience in financial services or banking industry and compliance.
- Understanding of financial service regulatory environment and challenges.
- Business Risk experience in prior roles in financial institutions.
- Prior Operational Risk Experience in either first line or second line
- Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail and quality control – focused on products.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives and achieve performance goals in a high volume environment
- Proven ability to make decisions based on quantitative analysis and creative thinking
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to accomplish goals on complex, time sensitive projects
Job Family Group:Consumer Sales
Job Family:Consumer Sales Support
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs