Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Public Finance, Full Time Analyst - Dallas (North America - 2021)Apply Now Locations: Dallas, Texas Job Function: Markets and Securities Services Employee Status: University Programs Job ID: 80007636
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) offers investment and corporate banking services and products for corporations, governments, and institutions around the world. As an Analyst, you will join an intensive training program that includes both training sessions and real, on-the-job experience.
Your time here will look something like this...
* Learn a client’s historical financing trends
* Research past uses of debt or derivatives and provide an overview of client’s debt position
* Participate with bankers and clients in meetings and conference calls to review current market conditions and formulate future capital programs
* Apply new financing, optimization, and hedging strategies to financial transactions based on the client’s financing needs
* Assist in the execution of transactions
* Present documentation and pricing to investors and rating agencies
* Credit and internal approvals, policy compliance, client entertainment, and deal closing coordination
* Research market, credit, tax, regulatory, accounting, legal, policy and issuer-specific issues relating to prior or future transactions
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
The two-year Analyst Program starts in June and begins with a ten-week, in-depth training program. Public Finance professionals work hand in hand with city, state, and local governments and municipal authorities, providing capital formulation strategies on an array of public projects, including health care systems, utilities, highways, and schools. Often the work involves complex public/private partnerships, such as stadiums, airports or developer-related project financings as well as merger and acquisition advisory work, securitizations and derivative transactions.
We want to hear from you if...
* You currently maintain a GPA of 3.5 or above
* You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (graduating in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021) in any major, with a strong preference toward majors in mathematics, computer science, political science, economics, public policy or finance
* You have strong quantitative and analytics skills; quantitative majors a plus
* Your writing skills are superior
* You have an interest in the public sector, with prior experience in a related field a plus
* You are a U.S. citizen, U.S permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future
Who we think will be a great fit...
We’re looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to start their careers, naturally curious, and interested in business. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Ability to tackle problems with creative solutions
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Confidence and comfort with clients and senior executives
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Success working on a team