Operational Risk Management – C15 Processing Risk (Process Design & Risk Mitigation), PBWM
Operational Risk Management – C15 Processing Risk (Process Design & Risk Mitigation), PBWM
Processing Risk is a key risk stripe within Operational Risk Management (ORM) at Citi and managing Processing Risk effectively within Citi is a matter of high priority for all key stakeholders including regulators and senior management.
The central ORM-Processing Risk (ORM-P) team is a team that is focused on managing Processing Risk firmwide within Citi partnering seamlessly within ORM as well as with key partners in other lines of defence including internal audit and the first line of defence. Metrics, Process Design & Risk Mitigation and Governance & Framework are key elements to effectively manage Processing Risk within Citi.
The Operational Risk Sr Group Manager (Process Design & Risk Mitigation) is a strategic professional with ORM. Overall objective of this role is managing Processing Risk within Personal Banking & Wealth Management (PBWM) functioning as a Processing Risk SME. The Process Design and Risk Mitigation (PDRM) team is a team that is focused on effectively managing processing risk within the different high-risk processes and managed segments within Citi and this role will focus on managing this risk within PBWM.
This senior role ensures that aggregate enterprise profile for this risk category adequately reflects PBWM across all elements of the operational risk framework including Risk identification, Monitoring, MCA, correct risk taxonomy application etc. The role will work closely with the PBWM ORM coverage team to develop and execute a cohesive processing risk management program for PBWM. The role will ensure that PBWM risks inform and are informed by the aggregate risk profile vantage point this role will have and it will drive enterprise level risk management and monitoring best practices in this segment
In doing so the team leverages risk metrics and analytics along with SME input and other indicators to identify the key processing risks and issues within the managed segments and works with ORM Coverage and the 1st line teams, to ensure the risk is effectively managed. The team also ensures that the Processing Risk Policy is effectively implemented within the managed segments. Where required and as appropriate the team performs deep dive end to end process reviews on areas of most significant risk leveraging industry best practices to identify key process and control design gaps and identify potential solutions. The team acts as subject matter experts around Processing Risk for the managed segment and works ensures various elements of the risk framework such as lessons learned, Managers Control Assessment, Scenario Analysis and other routines are appropriately reflective of the risk within the managed segment.
The role is for an experienced candidate who has an in-depth understanding of PBWM - (credit cards, retail banking, consumer mortgages, wealth management and supporting functions such as Operations), risk and control and business processes within PBWM that give rise to Processing Risk. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval
- Develop an understanding of the aggregate Processing Risk profile for PBWM based on risk metrics, SME judgement and other key indicators. This will require thorough understanding of manual processes that give rise to Processing Risk
- Partner with/challenge 1st line to understand how present processing risks are being remediated with the various segments within PBWM (e.g. US Private Personal Bank, Citi Global Wealth and supporting functions such as Operations) and identify/agree any additional remediation that may be required
- Partner with ORM Coverage to assess / challenge high risk new activities/business which may increase processing risk
- Identify emerging risks within PBWM as it relates to Processing risk
- Serves as a subject matter expert for processing risks, related risk and control issues as pertains to PBWM
- Independently assess broad risk themes and drive actions to address root causes that persistently lead to processing risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices
- Perform deep dive risk and control reviews on areas of significant risk across PBWM as needed
- Assess and approve requests for Risk Acceptances, Dispensation & Waivers against Policy
- Ensures various elements of the risk framework such as lessons learned, Managers Control Assessment, Scenario Analysis and other routines are appropriately reflective of the risk within the managed segment
- Partner with first line teams to ensure adequate implementation of the processing risk framework including compliance with the processing risk policy
- Work with ORM – Governance & Strategy to develop minimum control requirements relating impacting Processing Risk as required
- Participate in Regional / Business Governance committees/Global Processing Risk Oversight Committee and forums to provide updates as it relates to PBWM processing Risk
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver stakeholder requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years relevant experience with the financial services industry
- Deep understanding of PBWM and underlying businesses such as credit cards, retail banking, consumer mortgages, wealth management and supporting functions such as Operations
- In-depth understanding of risk and control, risk framework and policy/governance
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization and with external partners. Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- In depth knowledge of Operational processes and technology platforms supporting Operations.
- Experience managing development of approaches and methods, and delivering comprehensive product / deliverables
- Detailed oriented with analytical skills
- Experience in understanding and applying Citi's Operational Risk framework. Knowledge of other risk disciplines (Compliance, AML, technology risk) a plus
- Experience in managing and motivating a global diverse team
- Strong influencer with a focus on building relationships with first line SMEs while remaining independent and retaining the ability to challenge effectively
- Advanced Leadership skills, operates as a leader, with an understanding and appreciation for diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:Dallas Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$170,000.00 - $300,000.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs