Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
FX and Rates Trader
- Primary Location: Costa Rica
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18074855
Within Citi Markets Global FXLM, this is an extraordinary opportunity for a Trader to join our Latin America FXLM business. This opportunity is a market-making role in Costa Rica mainly in FX and Rates, which will involve providing liquidity to Citigroup’s client base and risk management of related portfolios. The covered portfolios include Market Making Fixed Income Derivatives and FX products. The hired candidate will be an integral part of the treasury team, driving risk on portfolio while continuing to win more client business.
1. Provide liquidity for FX market for the bank's trading and sales desk in order to serve clients.
2. Management of corporate and regulatory limits, and from the daily reconciliation by vehicles of the Spot product through manual blotters and systems, where daily purchases and sales are registered in the spot market.Maintaining controls over the positions of the Banks in Real-time, as well as the completion of a daily closing process, where reconciliations are executed between the positions of the systems, blotters and accounting, in order to ensure compliance with the limits and appropriate capture of profits or losses.
3. Negotiate and execute transactions in the professional market, comprised of a portfolio of banking clients and Stock Exchange, as well as Citi branches in other countries. Theses includes the management of relations with system traders and Central Bank staff.
4. Collect, update and maintain databases for the use of the treasury and specifically of the Trading team. The data is obtained from reliable sources such as the Central Bank, and they are used to perform strategy analysis, indicator estimates, financial and economic models, and general statistics from the market in general. This to provide analysis, information, statistics, reports and issuance of criteria on specific economic variables, to assist the Head of the Risk Taking Table and the Treasurer in making strategic decisions.
5. Provide the rest of the bank's team members with market information and a summary of the most important/relevant events and with relevant local economic facts
•A minimum of 5 years related experience
•Strong technical knowledge of Fixed Income Derivatives, Foreign Exchange in Costa Rica local market
•Candidate should master knowledge and experience with a broad base of products, such as Local Bond market, Inflation linkers, interest rate derivatives, cross currency swaps and Interest rate options.
•Deep understanding of Costa Rica Macro Economic framework and political landscape.
•Bilingual Spanish and English is a must.
•Quantitative and analytical skills required for trading
•Advanced MS Excel
•Bachelor’s degree required in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering or a related field
•Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is critical.
•Excellent communication skills
•Collaborative and team player
•CFA or MBA preferred
•Local Securities Exchange broker license preferred