Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
FP&A Manager - Global Consumer Banking - Operations
- Primary Location: Costa Rica
- Education: Higher Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19003662
Be part of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at the Costa Rica Analytical Center with a role that will give you the opportunity to provide insight and analytics to Citi’s CEO, CFO and senior management with key information needed to make strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
Build a career in the banking business while improving your quantitative and analytical skills by tackling challenges in a dynamic environment.
If you have a desire to learn, intellectual curiosity and good knowledge in accounting, economics, banking and finance, this position will give you a valuable opportunity to be continuously learning about the business, the industry and its macroeconomic environment. You will also be developing the ability to identify and evaluate key elements of multiple dimensions and perspectives impacting performance. With time, you will improve your understanding of the interrelatedness of all these aspects to provide a high-end quantitative/qualitative analysis.
Become part of our team and take advantage of a position that will create a significant mobility and career development opportunity within the Citi Finance organization.
•Develop effective and efficient operating model with international FP&A teams to smoothly migrate activities into the site
•Develop analytical support working with local FP&A teams and their business partners
•Understand in-depth how work is coordinated across areas and how it impacts the overall organization and bank strategies
•Influence decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization
•Integrate subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area
•Lead financial conversation directly with businesses & finance senior management
•Work on Ad-hoc request based on the business necessity. Specific activities include:
◦Analysis of key management review decks for Regions & Products
◦Participation in time critical activities for FP&A teams
◦Conducting monthly and quarterly reporting. However, focus of the team will be addressing ad hoc strategic issues that are complementary to regular Planning and Analysis processes
◦Development of materials for review with Business
◦Participation in forward looking activities including annual budgeting and monthly estimate process
•Apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge to contribute to the development of new techniques, models and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area while providing value added perspectives or advice.
•Drive standardization of activities including the identification of productivity and efficiency
•Lead and support reengineering projects to improve productivity, improve controls and quality of key activities
•Ensure there is a strong culture of high integrity, ethics and meritocracy
•Involved in coaching and training of new team members
•Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams
•Work and performance of multiple teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field with at least 10 years of experience with more than 4 years of Planning and Analysis experience
- Post graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is desired
- Understanding of Banking & Finance products and markets
- Understanding of Global Call Centers Operations is a plus
- Strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Keen interest in business and economic environment
- Bilingual: English and Spanish. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Medium - Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Applies project management skills
- Attention to detail and proactive
- Ability to work within a team and be an individual contributor
- Strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity
- Ability to question status quo, and identify opportunities to reengineer/streamline processes
- Strong communication, diplomacy & presentation skills
- Show initiative/proactivity to solve problems independently and have some latitude to solve complex situations
- Ability to partner with senior stakeholders across businesses and geographies
- Ability to manage in a complex/dynamic environment and guide staff or work as a leader through change management initiatives
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions
- Ability to prioritize and organize work as needed, being able to delegate work