Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Compliance Surveillance Intermediate Analyst
- Primary Location: Costa Rica
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18072676
Citi’s Surveillance team has responsibility for the design, implementation, and oversight for a suite of surveillances designed to detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. When potentially anomalous behavior is detected, the team is responsible for escalating the activity and working collaboratively with partners across the first and second lines of defense to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, which may include employee discipline. The ICRM Global Surveillance platform encompasses a number of surveillance related portfolios including trade surveillance, e-communications and voice surveillance, employee trading, outside activities surveillance, and information barrier surveillance.
- The Analyst will assist team members with the review and analysis of surveillance alerts and/or reports relating to firm, employee and client trading activity. The analyst will be expected to properly document the review and disposition of the exceptions as well as escalating matters appropriately.
- The Analyst will gather and analyze trade data to assist in the Firm’s response to inquiries received from governmental and exchange regulatory bodies. In addition, the Analyst will support the compliance group in evaluating surveillance results for potential problems, communicating surveillance findings to management in a clear and concise manner as well as interacting with legal and other compliance personnel.
- Respond to inquiries or requests from internal partners (e.g. Compliance Assurance, Internal Audit, Legal)
- The Analyst may assist with the design and implementation of new surveillances as well as the refinement of existing ones. The Analyst will interact with IT on the specific design and testing of new surveillances.
- Additional activities may include handling telephone hotlines and performing data entry in various systems.
The Employee Trading and Outside Activities team in Costa Rica is responsible of overseeing LATAM covered population compliance with the requirements of the Employee Personal Trading and Outside Directorship and Business Interests policies through the disclosure process requirements established within the Employee Due Diligence platform (EmDD). The team is responsible for supporting the monitoring of personal investments disclosures, outside activities disclosures and personal brokerage account trading for covered employees.
The surveillance process includes performing employee due diligence on personal investment accounts and/or disclosed outside activities and escalating matters appropriately to management, legal and the respective product coverage areas in addition to providing input on the resolution. The incumbent will support in addressing employee personal trading pre-clearance requests as received electronically. He/she will be responsible for developing, maintaining and performing surveillance reviews which cover specific regulations or Firm policy. The analyst may also participate in ad-hoc requests, special projects and regulatory exams directed by other organizations within the compliance or legal departments.
• Address and timely respond to employee personal trading pre-clearance requests as received via email or electronic systems (EmDD).
• Support Country Compliance Officers in requesting and complying with the ETP employee due diligence requirements such as the annual certification process, account approvals, monitoring activities among others.
• Liaise with the LATAM Outside Business Activities management team and in country compliance officers regarding cross over investigations and leverage existing knowledge base to mitigate and manage potential conflict of interest risks.
• Reconciling disclosed brokerage accounts against statements uploaded by employees to identify both missing and undisclosed accounts.
• Coordinating with both Compliance and covered employees to investigate and resolve any undisclosed or missing accounts
• Initiate, respond and follow up to inquiries from employees and other broker dealers with respect to the covered account population.
• Facilitate employee process of uploading statements for review
• Process, investigate and scan received brokerage account statements
• Perform enhanced due diligence on disclosed outside business activities or affiliations consistent to the requirements of the Outside Directorship and Business Interests policy.
• Candidate must have an Bachelor's degree
• Ideally 2-3 years compliance or banking experience desirable but not required
• The candidate should have a general understanding of securities trading and corresponding regulations
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects; highly detail-oriented
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English, in addition to excellent research and analytical skills are a must
• Advanced experience using the standard suite of MS Office products in addition to comfort using systems in general is preferred
• High degree of professionalism and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees