Senior Counsel Corporate Governance
The Country Counsel III accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Manages & supports the Legal function providing support and guidance to the local businesses and to all Citi functions on all aspects of local & Citigroup Legal related matters
- Ensures full compliance of all local Citigroup products and structures with local Law, as in force, and where applicable with international standards
- Ensures continuity and management of legal operations of Citigroup in the region as it pertains to local licenses and all other types of Corporate Governance, including company secretarial roles, as well as compliance with local regulatory requirements
- Advises the CCO on business and Franchise Legal issues
- Interfaces with Regulators
- Ensures consistency of Citigroup policies with local legal requirements
- Escalates all issues to designated Division Counsel that are of importance within the role
- Participate in the local Management committees
- Management and coordination of the provision of external legal services
- Liaise with compliance in the development, updating and presentation of training materials related to local laws and regulations
- Assists overseas colleagues engaged in projects and deals involving local laws and regulations
- Manages and organizes the handling of litigation cases in which Citigroup entities are involved as defendants or claimants
- Manage the functioning of the Legal Department
- Drafts and implements local legal policies and procedures
- Drafts, amend and approve the list of external legal counsels used by Citigroup locally
- Manages several relationship with external legal counsels
- Reviews customer complaints that could develop into legal actions or have regulatory implications
- Provide solution-oriented legal support and assistance to the local businesses in accordance with strategic business needs and applicable regulatory and legal requirements
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, relationship management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to maintain effective relationships
- Membership of local Bar/ Lawyers Association
- Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Requiere de conocimiento y experiencia en materia de regulación bancaria y de grupos financieros, en específico lo relacionado al Gobierno Corporativo de Grupos Financieros e Instituciones de Banca Múltiple.
Entre los actos relacionados con Gobierno Corporativo se encuentran: a) Consejo de Administración, b) Asambleas/resoluciones unánimes de accionistas, c) Comités regulatorios, y d) Asesorías y ejecución de actos corporativos como fusiones y escisiones.
Manejo de inglés avanzado (speaking, reading, writing).
Job Family Group:Legal
Job Family:Legal - Enterprise and Country
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs