2023 Finance Summer Associate - MexicoReq ID 23611787 Location Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico Job Category Finance
- The guardian and communicator of key financial information and controls for Citi, serving both an internal and external client base.
- The driver of franchise-level decisions on capital planning, liquidity, budgeting, tax, strategic direction and policy management.
- A critical business partner to each Global Product, Region and Discipline, providing the data and analysis to enable Citi's leaders to make sound decisions in support of the business' objectives.
Citi is looking for Summer Financial Management Associates (SFMA) to join Finance in Mexico for MBA Candidates.
As part of the Finance function, your work can make an immediate impact. Finance is comprised of various disciplines, including Controllers, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Investor Relations, Capital Planning, Strategy, and M&A, during the summer the Associates will have the opportunity to work in a project from one of these areas according the business needs.
The Summer FMA Mexico is a 10 – 11 weeks program with a series of classroom training sessions. Training is designed to aid Summer FMAs in maximizing effectiveness and efficiency in the workplace during their summer with Citi. Associates will receive an orientation to Citi, including business overviews from senior professionals within the Finance discipline and also be matched with a buddies and senior mentors who can offer guidance and support during the summer program.
Several key elements of the Summer FMA program include:
- Access: To Citi Senior Finance Leaders.
- Exposure: To global perspectives to build relationships.
- Leadership: Our Summer FMA’s are encouraged to develop management skills, curiosity and proactivity.
- Empowerment: We challenged SFMA’s to be involved in the fast-paced analytical and financial environment.
Who we think will be a great fit...
We're looking for motivated MBA graduates who are eager to start their careers at a global organization; tend to think globally; and have an innovative outlook on business. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for:
- You are currently pursuing a Master's degree with a concentration in: Finance, Strategy, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Management or other related fields (Graduating in December 2023 through June 2024)
- You have 3–5 years of significant, related and solid work experience
- You are multi-lingual (just English in Advanced English is mandatory)
- You are a CPA, (a plus, but not mandatory)
- You must possess valid Mexico work authorization to be eligible to participate in the Program. Citi will not sponsor any participants for employment in Mexico.
- Strategic and analytical mindset with a global perspective and excellent judgment
- Willingness to take initiative and offer creative solutions Strong desire for international exposure/assignments and new business challenges at regular intervals
- You possess resiliency to work in an environment of change and competition.
- You are committed to excellence with a sense of urgency and excitement
- Ability to step outside their comfort zone Technologically proficient in Excel; Word and Power Point
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain excellent business relationships.
Job Family Group:Management Development Programs
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs