SVP, APAC Payroll Services Head (Hybrid)
Whether you’re at the start of your career or looking to discover your next adventure, your story begins here. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and make a difference at one of the world’s most global banks. We’re fully committed to supporting your growth and development from the start with extensive on-the-job training and exposure to senior leaders, as well as more traditional learning. You’ll also have the chance to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Shape your Career with Citi
We’re currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as APAC Payroll Services Head based in Taguig, Philippines. Being part of our team means that we’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decision and manage your financial well-being to help plan for your future. For instance:
· Citi provides programs and services for your physical and mental well-being including access to telehealth options, health advocates, confidential counseling and more. Coverage varies by country.
· We believe all parents deserve time to adjust to parenthood and bond with the newest members of their families. That’s why in early 2020 we began rolling out our expanded Paid Parental Leave Policy to include Citi employees around the world.
· We empower our employees to manage their financial well-being and help them plan for the future.
· Citi provides access to an array of learning and development resources to help broaden and deepen your skills and knowledge as your career progresses.
· We have a variety of programs that help employees balance their work and life, including generous paid time off packages.
· We offer our employees resources and tools to volunteer in the communities in which they live and work. In 2019, Citi employee volunteers contributed more than 1 million volunteer hours around the world.
The APAC Payroll Services Head will be accountable for effectively and efficiently managing all operational and managerial aspects of People, Processes and Partners related to Payroll Operations. This role should ensure people growth, development, and accountability. Ensure robust governance and control over the e2e payroll operations. Work closely with all stakeholders of APAC Payroll Services and build strong and collaborative relationship to enable progress for People, Processes and Partners.
In this role, you’re expected to:
- The management oversight and delivery of all services and support provided by the HRSS Payroll Organization within the region.
- The recruitment and development of high performing team members, including creating talent development opportunities for high potential staff and ensuring robust operational coverage and actionable succession plans for all critical positions.
- The regional leadership of all change initiatives impacting the Total Rewards activity set in the region, including new supplier implementations.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all key stakeholders, promoting timely and open communication and productive partnerships to address common challenges.
- The Region Head works in partnership with the respective Global Process Lead for each process stream to ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures and timely and accurate transaction processing.
- Creates and manages the documentation of internal procedures and business requirements.
- Interacts with customers on production and project support. Plans and executes complex projects and coordinate over a broader departmental spectrum.
Process Management, Validation and Control
- Ensure Payroll operations throughout the region are executed in compliance with standard operating procedures and consistently meet the committed service standards (completeness, timeliness, accuracy).
- Manage the Payroll “footprint” (location of resources) in the region, maximizing the concentration of resources in Citi Service Centers.
- Partner with functional GPOs and GPLs (Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Mobility, etc.) to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are documented, understood and consistently followed in the region, and that any requested exceptions to those standards are subject to formal review and approval.
- Ensure all established operational controls and reasonability checks are performed on a timely basis, and that the results of the testing are evidenced.
- Ensure that all Operational Breakages (service and/or financial) are documented and subject to timely reporting and to source/cause analysis, and that the necessary remediation actions are completed and tested on a timely basis.
- Ensure Payroll delivery complies with all country legal and fiscal requirements and that all regulatory requirements are consistently met.
- Ensure all Payroll processes are demonstrably “audit ready” at all times and assume management responsibility for the successful outcome of all internal and external audits within the region insofar as they relate to the payroll activity set.
- Ensure regular, documented vendor reviews are performed and that appropriate measures are taken to remediate poor vendor performance. Track ongoing vendor performance to ensure full remediation has occurred.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Management and Supervision
- Provide Leadership and Management direction for the Payroll Organization within the region.
- Management and delivery against all regional goals, including performance metrics, productivity commitments and financial plans.
- Partner with the global Payroll GPO on payroll vendor selection. Lead the regional implementation of vendor changes, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and in compliance with all Citi TPM and Operational Readiness requirements.
- Identify opportunities for and drive improvement in control processes, delivery practices and systems.
- Share identified best practices within the region with the Total Rewards leadership team. Identify and implement best practices that have been pioneered in other regions and/or functions.
- Provide leadership to ensure the timely regional implementation of global initiatives.
- Drive talent development for the regional Payroll organization, including the development of actionable succession plans for all critical positions.
- Actively support employee engagement activities for the region to promote timely two-way communication and a strong sense of ownership and common purpose across the team.
- Represent the HRSS Payroll organization in meetings with Citi’s regional leadership team and with senior visitors to the region.
- Represent and advocate for the needs of the region in Payroll leadership forums.
As a successful candidate, you’d ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- 5+ years of experience in a related role
- Requires basic commercial awareness.
- Ability to provide evaluative judgment based on analysis.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred.
Skills and qualifications
- Experience in an HR Shared Services environment is beneficial.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the operation and standardization of multi-country payroll environments, including expatriates, benefits and payroll accounting and general accounting.
- Experience in Change and Project Management
- Strong payroll processing and tax knowledge
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Financial management skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with multiple stakeholders, at various levels internally and externally to Citi.
- Demonstrated drive, integrity, good judgment, adaptability, creativity, self-awareness and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Experience/ knowledge of Workday application is preferred.
- English Language required.
Working at Citi is far more than just a job. A career with us means joining a family of more than 230,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community and make a real impact.
Take the next step in your career, apply for this role at Citi today
Job Family Group:Operations - Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs