Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
ROHQ Analytics - Credit Portfolio Analyst II (AM / C10)Apply Now Locations: City of Taguig, National Capital Region Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20197624
ICG stands for Institutional Client Group which includes top-tier Corporates, Financial Institutions, and Public Sector (Sovereign entities). The Risk Management organization is an independent function within Citi, which partners with the business to actively manage market, credit, operational and franchise risk in a manner consistent with Citi’s risk appetite. The Risk Management organization establishes the policies and guidelines for risk assessment and risk management, and ensures the appropriate controls and tools are in place to manage, measure and actively mitigate risks taken by the firm.
The IRAU (Independent Risk Analysis Unit) is a global organization focused on the Credit & Underwriting Analysis for the entire ICG Risk portfolio within Citi. As a key pillar of the Risk organization, the IRAU is a backbone of credit research and analysis, providing the review of nearly the entirety of the ICG Risk portfolio, through Annual Reviews, Quarterly Monitoring, and Ad-Hoc Transactions. Given its global footprint and coverage breadth, the IRAU is always involved on the development and deployment of new Risk technology, be it through new platforms, systems, policy or process changes. Considering how complete its coverage is, the career evolution with the IRAU is as exciting as it is complete, with former members of this group going to diverse functions, from Banking, to Product, to senior Risk roles, or ascending within its own ranks to more complex portfolios and/or leadership roles, managing large groups of people
The Asia Pacific Analytics Center (APAC) or Manila IRAU is part of the Global IRAU and established in Manila to provide credit research and analysis and other credit-related support for the ICG portfolio across Asia. Given the exposure and breadth of coverage, the team has industry expertise on the different financial institutions – Banks, Broker Dealers, Funds/Hedge Funds – as well as the Global Industries - Power, Energy, Commodities, Chemicals and Metals/Mining (PECCM), Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT), Consumer & Healthcare (C&H) and Transportation & Industrials (T&I).
To complete timely and quality reviews of a counterparty, through financial analysis, industry analysis, peer analysis, macro-economic/regulatory analysis that could impact the credit. Important components of the review include, but not limited to, assessing potential credit risks and mitigants, coming up with an accurate risk rating, as well as formulate a forward looking view of the credit:
- To periodically review financial results and statements to monitor operating performance, liquidity position and financial condition of new and existing customers to keep relevant parties apprised of material changes and events;
- To provide industry/geography focused analysis and expertise based on strong knowledge of industry structure and landscape, including peer comparison and industry outlook.
- Assess appropriateness of credit facilities and exposure; and prepare financial projections and sensitivity analysis, with a view to providing a credit outlook for the account.
- To proactively identify and escalate key risks and material changes to accounts under coverage by monitoring industries/geographies/accounts and effectively communicate and liaise the same with senior product / industry bankers and risk officers.
- To demonstrate judgement on appropriateness of credit exposure, ratings and classification.
- To initiate and lead industry/portfolio reviews and stress testing, as needed.
- Graduate of Business-related courses, preferably Economics, Accounting or Finance; OR similar work experience
- Not required but would be an advantage: Post-graduate in Business, Finance or Accounting or FRM / CPA / CFA professional qualifications
- 3-5 years experience in credit research and analysis, preferably gained from Financial Institutions or Public Rating Agencies.
- Good knowledge of accounting and corporate finance, financial modeling, as well as some knowledge of credit and banking products, credit analytics, risk assessment and valuation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in English. Fluency in Mandarin an added advantage.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PH
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.