Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
CBNA GF Country Head - Philippines Operational Risk Management - C15Apply Now Locations: City of Taguig, National Capital Region Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20195377
The Head of Citi Philippines Operational Risk Management is responsible for overseeing the operational risks of the Philippines Franchise through working in coordination with the first line and second line of Defense.
The mission of Operational Risk Management (ORM) is to proactively assist the businesses, O&T, CSC and the independent control groups in enhancing the governance and effectiveness of controls and managing operational risks across the Franchise.
ORM is organized with three main components that serve to effectively “triangulate on controls”:
• Specialists for a given Point of Control (SPOCs) are control design specialists with deep domain expertise in a particular control process. Their roles are focused on a specific process but are global in nature, spanning all products and businesses.
• Region Heads and their associated organizations provide regional expertise across the broad range of businesses within their geography.
• Segment Operational Risk Managers (SORM), along with Control Architecture, Re-Engineering and Administration form the foundational side of the triangle.
These three elements of ORM work in tandem with business, O&T and global functions to proactively identify, analyze and mitigate risks, implement and assess controls, prevent losses and assist recoveries, determine and allocate operational risk capital, conform with regulatory guidance, and manage situations as they arise.
The candidate will report to the ASEAN Cluster Head of ORM and the Citi Country Officer (CCO). The candidate work closely with other business leaders in proactively managing risks and further strengthening the internal controls.
• Determine the current state of controls readiness in the country, establish and chair, controls management processes that includes representation from all related functions e.g. Operational Risk, O&T Risk and Control Management, Finance, Compliance, Annual Risk Assessment. Discuss and identify the top franchise concerns/issues through various controls and risk forum.
• Participate Business Risk Control Committee meetings on a quarterly basis, provide transparency on a continuous and consolidated basis for significant Compliance and Control reporting
• Proactively monitor risks and review issues and make recommendations to the businesses and control functions
• Ensure to provide oversight in the implementation of operational risk management frame work
• Work with the businesses, regional management and ORM when operational losses arise to understand the root causes and influence process changes to avoid re-occurrence
• Lead ORM Deep Dives for the country
• Enforce stronger governance in the implementation of operational risk framework, local regulatory issued policies and directives, and controls within the Franchise
• Undergraduate degree (majors in in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related areas are preferred, but different majors are also of interest if other experience demonstrates quantitative and analytical skills)
• MBA or advanced degree in Economics, Finance or related areas (not required but strongly preferred)
• Extensive knowledge of financial markets and products; extensive work experience in the financial services industry
• Analytical inquisitiveness and problem solving ability; an ability to ask insightful questions, break analytical challenges into workable components and draw meaningful conclusions
• 15+ years of work experience
• Solution-oriented, consensus builder, strong leadership, influencing and negotiation skills
• Well-versed in breaking down complex matters into core issues and root causes that can be more readily addressed
• Proficient in developing new ideas to mitigate risk and improve current processes. Ability to prioritize high impact potential problems effectively
• Leading, or co-leading, all regulatory discussions
• Strong analytical skills applicable across ICG & GCG businesses, products and customer classes
Strong Leadership Skills:
• Provides leadership in optimization and efficiencies in control practices for the business as well as the resolution of cross business issues. Engages business and functional managers to mitigate risks.
• Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly
• Focuses and guides the priorities of others. Makes well-reasoned decisions under pressure
• Experienced negotiator - able to identify and influence key decision makers across various levels and functions within the organization; diffuse conflict and work toward agreement
• Acts as a leader with an understanding and appreciation for diverse backgrounds.
Excellent Communication Skills:
• Both verbal and written
• Experienced in using active listening techniques on a consistent basis
• Strong Presentation skills – comfortable with public speaking across various forums and be able to effectively and logically communicate when ideas are being challenged in an open forum
Client Relationships/Business Partnerships:
• Navigates organizational complexity; demonstrates organizational savvy
• Builds partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others
• Networks regularly and builds relationships across Risk disciplines and with businesses
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PH
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.