Yen Equity Settlement (AVP) - JPN - Japan Markets Operations
Citi Markets Operations is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in our People and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model, creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion.
We are a dynamic, global, and diverse Organisation, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a significant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and have significant impact across the lifecycle of a trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Office Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group, dedicated to overseeing the Organizational service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first-class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Business Intelligence and Process Re-engineering group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi’s innovation labs to drive optimization, and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology partners develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the firm, and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners, and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimize and streamline processes and drive strategy across our industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to kick start your career at Citi! We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic team players, with a strong work ethic, who will join Markets Operations.
This is an Assistant Vice President (AVP) role within the Markets Operations Organisation. This is a great opportunity to join a high performing, high profile and energized team providing daily support to our Global Traders and Clients.
We’re seeking individuals with at least 5 years work experience, ideally in Equity settlement.
You will play a pivotal part in helping to support the lifecycle of a trade. Working closely with Business partners, Client’s, and internal stakeholders to ensure all transactions flow through our front to back Operations teams, with no issues.
You will develop a broad and detailed understanding of the Organization’s landscape, culture, processes, and Technology.
You will have the opportunity to recommend creative suggestions on how to improve processes to minimize losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risk better serve our Clients
- Yen Equity settlement related including projects and team management
- Resolve complex process problems which require an in-depth evaluation of basic securities processing procedures and industry standards
- Manage and particiate projects in addition to BAU
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Offer advanced solutions for assigned securities processing areas
- Provide guidance and assistance to junior staff
- Serve as analytical or procedural expert for securities processing deliverables/initiatives
- Prepare expense budgets, analyze expense calculations, and prepare unaudited financial statements
- Ascertain fund value and allocate values to each investor
- Assist with the development of new techniques and streamlining securities processing activities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Overseeing and executing critical core operations activities to maintain a culture and environment where processes, risks and controls are continually monitored, and potential risks escalated on a timely basis
- Facilitating risk close out for market transactions, as an invested Operations partner and advisor for the Organisation.
- Daily Collaboration across Global Clients, Trading, and Operations teams to provide solutions and identify/resolve root cause.
- Acting as key point of contact for the team across internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying trends, synergies and weaknesses across products and regions
- Recommending control enhancements as needed
People & Inclusion Agenda:
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and cultivating a robust service and control environment
- Championing diversity and inclusion to create a working environment which allows our People to thrive and excel
- Providing input to simplify, improve and measure processes by delivering enhancements to the control environment, and the customer journey with input to design techniques and digital automation
- Providing valuable input into strategic platform re-engineering initiatives, reducing manual touch points and aligning tech delivery vs. business goals and wallet share optimization
- Providing input into initiatives to continuously improve straight through processing (STP) rates, including the use of robotics, workflow and other innovative re-engineering techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Securities and Derivatives Processing
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs