Risk & Control AVP position - JPN - Japan Markets Operations
The Rec & Proofing Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Responsible for supporting the management of Front to Back reconciliation, identifying operational risk, trade confirmation and settlement forecasts
- This is a seasoned professional role, integrating subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area
- Directly impact the area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and formulation of procedures/process improvement
- Provide value-added perspective or advice that contributes to the development of new techniques related to the life cycle of the trade, and the improvement of processes and workflow for the area.
- Responsible for own work to support business teams for assigned Operations area
- Resolve complex trade flow problems (client, system, breaks) where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of procedures and industry standards
- Make a significant contribution to change-the-bank projects and offers solutions at an advanced level
- Serve as an analytical and/or procedural expert, representing a unit or team to support deliverables/initiatives
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual trade related information in complicated and unique situations
- Responsible for escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Identify control deficiencies and implements appropriate procedures and solutions to mitigate any risk or control losses
- Identify opportunities to reduce expenses
- Apply in-depth knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area to resolve issues, such as (but not limited to) affirmation, confirmation and reconciliation
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how own operational processes collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals
- Influence decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization
- Serve as the first point of escalation for staff members, management and internal (front office) /external clients
- Assume informal/formal leadership role within the team, is involved in the coaching and training of new recruits, and provides guidance and support to junior staff
- Create, develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal (front office) /external clients and stakeholders (Finance, control, technology, etc.), and seeks to understand their needs and provides solutions
- Persuade and influence others through collaborative communication skills; may negotiate with external parties
- Acknowledge Citi’s principles and values of organizational culture and apply them in everyday work activities
- Any other duties as required to meet business needs
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Have subject matter expert in one (or more) specific skill sets, business areas or products
- Proven record of working on projects within team environment
- Proactive problem solving experience
- Applications will vary by product and business area
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Reconciliation and Proofing
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs