Project Manager (VP) - JPN -Markets Operations (Tokyo)
Citi Market Operations and Operations Technology is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in people and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion.
We are a dynamic, global and diverse Organization, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a significant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and has significant impact across the lifecycle of a Trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Office Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group dedicated to overseeing the group service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Digitization and Implementation group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi’s innovation labs to drive optimization and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology groups develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the firm and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimize and streamline processes, and drive strategy across our industry.
As part of our transformation journey, we are simplifying our systems & solutions. Ensuring we serve all Citi clients seamlessly the system solution requires integration with global platforms. A collaborative experience to lead as Operational project manager and partner across the franchise for successful implementation of our settlement platform.
Operational Project Management & Governance
- Project Management to manage strategic initiatives for Markets Operations.
- Opportunity to efficiently prepare and manage Book of work by working closely with senior business, technology and operational management.
- Mission oriented ensuring delivery commitments, risk management and timely escalation, resolution of impediments.
- Be a risk manager who is continually monitoring potential risks, escalating on time as well as acting as senior point of escalation.
- Acting as senior Operations lead in New Business Committee meetings, due diligence reviews and other governance forums.
- Partner with technology, legal, compliance, finance to identify project resourcing needs and prepare project proposal for necessary requisitions and work with Audit partners during reviews.
- Excellent communicator both in writing and speaking in English and Japanese.
- Project management certification or appropriate industrial experience will be a plus.
Career growth and opportunity:
- Work closely with Market Operations management and management office to learn and contribute towards strategic transformation initiatives.
- Opportunity to manage strategic program and initiatives across different streams alongside Japan Head of Market operations as well as global Market Operation management.
- Closely work with senior leadership group locally in Tokyo and Okinawa and globally in locations like London and New York offering ample opportunity to network, collaborate and grow.
People & Culture strategy:
- Our strength is our people and the global connect. Ensuring Transparency, risk management, timely escalations, respect and succeeding together are applied in all interactions.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and cultivating a robust service and control environment
- Engaging with and leading our People. Developing effective and diverse teams across a global footprint
- Coaching and mentoring our People. Ensuring effective one to one discussions. Providing direction, feedback, support, and encouragement for career development
- Championing diversity and inclusion to create a working environment which allows our People to thrive and excel
- Leading the Organization to deliver vs goals to meet the Target Operating Model
- Driving and supporting the delivery of strategic platform re-engineering initiatives, with conscious intent to standardize and industrial flow, reducing manual touch points and aligning tech delivery vs. business goal and wallet share optimization
- Driving the implementation of initiatives to continuously improve STP rates and productivity, including the use of robotics, workflow and other innovative re-engineering techniques
- Active engagement and thought leadership in the development and implementation of multi-year operations strategy for Fixed Income Operations, in partnership with the Business and Technology stakeholders
- Managing budgets and headcount plans in order to meet targets
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Tier 1 global financial institutions preferably with experience in Fixed Income, Asset Servicing and Settlements.
- Experience delivering strategic change programmes spanning multiple years in a fast paced, large global financial services firm, ideally in an operations organisation
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and concise, demonstrated success interacting with senior management both in the business, corporate functions as well as the Operations, Business and Technology environments
- Strong risk management and control mind-set
- Experience in financial planning processes, including budgeting and forecasting
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Demonstrated experience leading people and developing effective and diverse teams across a global footprint.
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals throughout the business as a leader, advisor and business partner to the organization with a clear client orientation.
Job Family Group:Operations - Core
Job Family:Operations Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs