ICG Risk & Control / Transformation Officer (VP) - JPN - Markets Planning and Control
Chiyoda, JapanJob Req ID 23609906
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
This role is part of the Institutional Client Group (ICG) Risk and Control organization and plays critical role in driving Citi’s Transformation initiatives for ICG Japan. Transformation programs represents the bank’s top priorities globally at an enterprise-wide level, and in partnership with the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) and the respective ICG businesses in the region, the successful candidate will focus on delivering against the commitments outlined within the Consent Letter and beyond through the control initiatives under the Transformation projects. The role requires the basic understanding of the ICG business and ability to closely collaborate with each business to identify, assess and remediate risks with a focus on data and systems.
Excellent communication skills are required to guide, influence, and convince the stakeholders at all level within businesses and functions, and work closely with the regional and global Risk & Control teams in order to deliver project objectives.
- Responsible for managing and supporting multiple risk and control programs under the Consent Letter Commitments and Transformation Projects across ICG Businesses.
- Understand the key business deliverables required for the Transformation Project/Program and associated dependencies on other programs to ensure all dependencies are actively managed across ICG Japan.
- Communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates and escalate any issues or challenges to the right channels.
- Participate in global working groups for the key Transformation program groups to ensure that regional specific requirements / nuances are incorporated within the global decisions.
- Pro-actively identifies emerging risks, assist the organization with resolving control gaps / issues and help create corrective action plans, inclusive of root cause identification and resolution.
- Working with Global / Regional Transformation program members, develop any additional required procedures and metrics for Japan adoption where appropriate.
- Oversee and perform business/systems analysis activities in support of targeted projects to support adoption efforts
- Ensure clear and transparent reporting of project/program status, risks/issues, and stakeholder management updates to senior executives
- Partner with program/project teams and functional groups to drive execution of requirements, training, and ensuring compliance with Citi standards
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including program sponsors, program leads, and team members across all levels.
- Execute against multiple contending priorities simultaneously, performing the required combination of business analysis, project management, systems analysis, and stakeholder management tasks
- Actively focuses on process improvement, creating efficiencies, and ensuring a proactive approach and partnership to audit management.
- Supports the integration and adoption of all necessary tools and processes from the global/regional cascade to the Japan businesses and functions.
- Appropriately assesses risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience in a complex, financial organization; consulting or project / program delivery experience with deep experience in risk and data.
- Understanding of end-to-end process, transaction life cycle and strong technology technical skills.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and effective organization influencing skill at all levels.
- Project management and governance experience with demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed critical milestones.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details.
- Proven ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Demonstrates capacity to work in highly pressured and volatile environment.
- Broad Knowledge of US / Japan regulations related to financial institutions.
- Proficiency in MS excel, MS Access, SAS, SQLL, Visual Basic a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Bachelor’s / University degree or equivalent experience, potentially master’s degree.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs