DCM ESG Banker (VP)- JPN – Debt Capital Markets / ESG
We are seeking a permanent [Vice President] to support the origination, help win new business, especially structuring of new Sustainable DCM business and play a key role in deepening the firm’s relationship with clients within Citi’s Japan Debt Capital Markets team.
The candidate will provide actionable strategic advice to Citi’s corporate, financial institution, and public sector clients with a focus on delivering corporate finance products and services aligned with emergent sustainability strategies.
The candidate will help boards, CEOs, CFOs, and treasurers understand stakeholder expectations about Sustainability; articulate corporate Sustainability strategies; and realize value from those strategies with financing tools, and help them better understand what Sustainability factors influence their equity and debt prices and how peers are communicating on ESG themes.
The goals are to drive and execute transactions as well as to solidify Citi’s role as a trusted advisory to our major clients.
The role involves pitching to clients, leading the structuring work on frameworks and execution of transactions, as well as creating content and thought leadership and representing Citi on external industry bodies.
- Help to build on Citi’s franchise in the ESG/sustainability business and Sustainable Financing to position the bank as a market leader. Create and independently deliver ESG/sustainability business and Sustainable Financing pitches to Japan DCM clients, including market updates and structuring roles.
- Share information with the global team, such as Corporate and Sustainability Transition as well as Sustainable Capital Markets to learn from the experience of others and share best practice advice.
- Work closely with IDB/DCM coverage teams and lead the structuring work stream for clients where Citi is appointed as the lead sustainable structuring bank.
- Ensure that all sustainable capital market processes and controls are being adhered to and refined where needed
- Work closely with Citi’s Sustainability and Corporate Transitions team and Sustainable Capital Markets to identify opportunities to leverage Citi’s sustainable finance advisory work to translate in to mandates.
- Follow market and regulatory developments closely and identify opportunities for Citi. Where applicable disseminate important market development information to Japan IBD/DCM team.
- Develop an understanding of the ESG/Sustainability investor base and cultivate relationships with investors as well as external bodies such as SPO providers etc.
- Share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop junior teammates and others to ensure that they maximize their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- This is a unique role that provides an excellent opportunity for a highly self-motivated candidate to join a team in a very fast growing market that has direct positive environmental and social impact.
- The candidate will play a high-profile role in developing Citi’s ESG/sustainability and Sustainable Financing footprint and will have the opportunity to work closely with bankers and Citi clients across all sectors; Corporate, Financial Intuitions, Public Sector
- The role provides a platform to develop an advanced knowledge of the ESG/sustainability business as well to develop key leadership, communication, teamwork and client relationship skills.
- Experience within ESG/sustainability agenda at a financial services firm, at an advisory firm or other institution, such as academia, research and regulatory bodies.
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of ESG/sustainability agenda, especially for technology and industry disruption background and various sustainable development themes and solutions, the market, investor and regulatory developments in sustainable finance.
- Background in investment bank/capital markets/markets business is preferable.
- Native Japanese, fluent written and oral English essential
- High achieving and dynamic person with a drive for building out Citi’s ESG/Sustainability business and Sustainable Financing
- Strong understanding of the ESG/Sustainability business and Sustainable Financing
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Planning and organizational skills including the ability to priorities
- Ability to work independently under general instructions
- Graduate degree is preferable
- Enthusiastic/ confident/ outgoing
- Robust personality/ resilience/ self-confidence
- Professional and competent/ risk aware
- Dedicated/ keen to learn/ committed to role
- Conduct business/act with integrity
- Client interest first
- Good team player
- Inclusive environment / respect for one another
- Analytical / logical thinking
- Ownership / individual accountability and shared responsibility
Job Family Group:Institutional Banking
Job Family:Investment Banking
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs