Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Wealth Relationship Manager- University of ChicagoApply Now Locations: Chicago, Illinois Job Function: Private Client Coverage Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20205173
The Wealth Mgmt. Advisor SAFE Act is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Identify, build and deepen relationships to gain incremental wallet share of the affluent and High Net Worth segment through the use of financial planning and excellent discovery and profiling skills.
- Anticipate the complex financial needs of the client and offer solutions through a wide range of products, services and tools based on client profiling and suitability assessments.
- With the support of product specialists, intuitively recognize and understand a client's banking, credit and investment needs and goals in order to provide holistic financial solutions.
- Provide regular value-added engagement with clients- High touch, face-to-face meetings at client's preferred location, consistent communication, access to seminars, etc.
- Master referral opportunities to grow portfolio.
- Proactively source, acquire and expand high value customer relationship by maximizing sale and service opportunities.
- Refer opportunities to segment partners where appropriate (including, but not limited to Lending Consultants and Financial Advisor, Small Business Partners, Relationship Manager, etc.)
- Organize client events to enhance client bonding.
- Acquire new clients through converting referral leads.
- Manage client follow-up and adhere to all Regulatory and Compliance operating procedures
- Ensure that KYC/AML and other compliance norms are strictly adhered to
- Adhere to a specific prospecting code of conduct, which (1) permits acquiring new private client accounts only by referral or personal contact with an individual seeking to do business and (2) prohibits seminars, mail campaigns, cold calling and any other methods of solicitation.
- Partner with all roles on branch team to ensure all clients have a positive in-branch experience
- Depending on business model: Make securities recommendations and provide investment advice to clients through a select number of solutions using firm models & research.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word) and experience using NaviPlan Select or similar financial planning software preferred
- Basic understanding of investment and financial planning strategies preferred
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver and a goal-oriented team player able to work without direction
- US: Registered FINRA Series 7. In addition, Series 66 (or Series 63 and 65) is required for CGMI.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.