EMEA Commercial Card Operations Lead – Functional Owner of Transaction Services, Payments and Back Office
The main objective of this role is to be the functional Owner of Transaction Services (Payments & Collections, Back office etc) to manage day-to-operations of these functions with on-site support from Ops leads for a number of end-to-end processes within Commercial Cards Operations.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide operational management oversight for Transaction Services Payments & Collections, Back office etc
- To govern the process of compliance to Policies, Procedures and Process Controls for Payments and Backoffice.
- To design and drive operational efficiency initiatives to improve client experience, productivity and control environment in the operational areas that this role responsible for.
- To be the contact person for these functions for all the partner organization seniors across Implementation, Service, Account Management, Sales and Product team.
- Champion MCA for these functions in terms of ensuring it covers all the operational risks in these areas of operations.
- Responsible to ensure cost efficiency of the assigned functions
- Drive efficiency in KPI/KRI metrics definition, monitoring and improvement in the confirmation standards
- Champion Client Service experience enhancing initiative
- Champion standardization of operational process across countries/Clusters
- Supporting the recruitment process of the new processing population along the Region Commercial Cards Completing weekly and monthly quality assurance reviews on cases handled by the Commercial Cards Unit
- Providing supplemental training, as needed, to Payments Commercial Cards team if gaps are identified during the quality assurance process
- Organizing and conducting regular checkpoint calls with the Commercial Cards management team and the SOW Management team
- Developing and implementing strategies to alleviate issues with sensitive clients
- Proactively identifying and raising process improvements, automation ideas, or other initiatives to SOW management in order to promote continuous improvement within the concerned unit
- Managing escalations received via email and ensuring that the root cause of any processing issues is identified and corrected
- Act as an escalation point for items raised by Citi Service or the Commercial cards team
- Support automation-related testing and development work, as needed
- Support EMEA Delivery Manager of Commercial Cards Operations to run day-to-day functional activities of the transaction service that drive operational efficiency standardization and best practice in the functional unit for which responsible
- Be an initial point person for customer facing units – Payments & Collections, Backoffice. Customer Account Specialist and Implementations team on EMEA Commercial Card.
- Assume responsibility to keep the functional units always “Audit prepared” status to ensure that Controls are at the heart of processes and procedures, and are robustly achieved in the operational areas responsible
- Review KPI and other metrics of offshore delivery team and assume responsibility for the service excellence/operational efficiency of these operational units
- Review the daily key metrics and productivity of the processing teams / suppliers.
- Closely monitor the Payments ageing (both Credits & Debits), Reconciliation of the payments posted, and payments returned back to the clients.
- Be responsible for Change Control of the offshore delivery units including ensuring robustness of Operational Procedure manuals
- Be responsible for KPI/KRI/internal/external reporting’s including regulatory reporting’s, where applicable for function responsible
- Be a contact point person within the functions responsible on all aspects of work relating to launches into New Markets
- Investigate with BAU process teams on any escalations and track responses, ensure client facing team’s expectations are well managed through close liaison and timely communication during the resolution process
- Liaise with other functions/internal partners, to ensure processes are run at optimal level to provide service excellence to clients, maintain/enhance operational efficiency and control framework of the functions responsible
- Develop and leverage strong working relationships across the region
- Work with system Subject Matter Experts and give business context to these discussions and around system improvements
- Critically analyze level of automation and process control environment across the region and work closely with regional process owners for these functions to drive continuous process and system improvements and achieve optimal operating efficiency within the function, where asked to and applicable
- Suggest parametric changes based on the results of the above analysis
- Propose process improvements within functions responsible to achieve best-in-class performance levels in operational efficiency and drive up customer satisfaction levels
- Closely work with cluster heads to ensure robustness of cluster Hub managed processes and process handled locally are in line with best practices of regional operational platform and controls are robust enough.
- Identify areas of process re-engineering to be in line with changing regulatory requirements
- For all processes managed, ensuring performance is at appropriate levels against KPI targets, and driving continuous improvement to the timeliness, quality and cost of work through the process
- Direct oversight of process work carried out by Operations sites that contribute to the end-to-end processes, including (but not limited to) engaging in discussions relating to resourcing, procedural effectiveness and controls
- To champion Digital Strategy of the relevant side of business
- Business Process Management skills
- Management scope over a period of time
- Vendor Management best practice, process mapping
- Control and process skills
- Exposure to Product Management and Card Association
- Preference for business management degree-qualified individual, Bachelor grade
- MS Office – Excel, Word, Access database
- MS Project preferable
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels (verbal/written)
- Organizational, Detailed and Analytical skills
- Change management
- Highly numerate
- Quick learner
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Cash Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs