AVP- Business Analytics
The Business Analytics Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Gathers operational data from various cross functional stakeholders to examine past business performance
- Identifies data patterns & trends, and provides insights to enhance business decision making capability in business planning, process improvement, solution assessment etc.
- Recommends actions for future developments & strategic business opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies
- May be involved in exploratory data analysis, confirmatory data analysis and/or qualitative analysis
- Translate data into consumer or customer behavioral insights to drive targeting and segmentation strategies, and communicate clearly and effectively to business partners and senior leaders all findings
- Continuously improve processes and strategies by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities
- Work closely with internal and external business partners in building, implementing, tracking and improving decision strategies
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Data analysis and visualization
- Proficient in formulating analytical methodology, identifying trends and patterns with data
- Generate actionable Business Insights
Tools and Platforms
- Proficient in SAS, SQL, Tera data and Python
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Expertise in working on Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Good understanding of Risk/Finance – critical data elements data definitions
- Ability to identify golden data source and data discovery from available meta data
- Hands on experience on data extraction/aggregation from Enterprise level data warehouses
- Experience in tracking and reporting of Risk/Finance KPI’s (Like balances, charge off, account life cycle)
- Good understanding of consumer products like Mortgage, Cards
- Knowledge of Finance Regulations like CCAR,AML,KYC etc
- Understanding Retail Business operations
- Ability to identify, clearly articulate and solve complex business problems and present them to the management in a structured and simpler form
- Should have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Good project and people management skills
- Ability to lead and manage Team Members
- Experience in variables mapping across DWH’s
- Ability to write complex SQL,SAS and Python codes for data extraction and aggregation
- Well versed with code optimization techniques
Educational and Experience:
- MBA / Master degree in Mathematics / Information Technology / Computer Applications / Engineering from a premier institute. BTech / B.E in Information Technology / Information Systems / Computer Applications
- (Preferred) Post Graduate in – Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Management Science and related fields
- 8+ years of hands on experience in delivering Regulatory data analysis or reporting, with at least 3 years experience in Banking Industry
- Should have managed a Team of at least 5 Team Members
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Decision Management
Job Family:Business Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs