Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory: Canada Investment Banking, 2022 Summer Analyst – Calgary
You're the brains behind our work.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for a Summer Analyst to join the Energy Investment Banking team in Calgary. The Investment Banking group advises clients in the oil and gas sector who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting, and distributing equity, debt, and derivative securities. As an Investment Banking Summer Analyst, you will attend an intensive training program in New York, where you will receive in-depth education on a variety of these topics to learn the fundamentals of the Summer Analyst role and introduce you to Citi’s culture.
Citi bankers draw on our unique global presence and unparalleled markets expertise to provide our clients with highly valuable, best-in-class advice on financial matters in all corners of the globe.
Citi Canada is a proud recipient of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People Award four years in a row. Read our Citi Canada profile at the link below to learn more:  Canada's Top Employer.
Your time here will look something like this...
* Collecting and analyzing company information to assist on transactions, including conducting industry research, revising, and organizing financial data.
* Analyzing financial data and developing financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing, and comparative analyses.
* Creating and finalizing new business development presentations.
* Assisting in the production of confidential information memorandums.
* Working collaboratively with global deal teams across a number of regions on various cross-border transactions.
* Coordinating tasks with internal and external working teams.
* Preparing required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations.
* Performing due diligence on financing and advisory transactions.
* Maintaining and developing specific comparable and precedent transaction database.
* Assisting various product groups (Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, Leveraged Finance, Derivatives, Fixed Income, etc.) in producing marketing materials.
* Developing and maintaining industry knowledge and staying up-to-date on industry developments.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Summer Analyst program starts in June and includes a training program in New York. Top-performing Summer Analysts may be eligible to return to Citi after graduation to work as Full-Time Analysts.
We want to hear from you if...
* You are planning to obtain your undergraduate degree between December 2022 and May 2023.
* You have an interest in the capital markets, knowledge of accounting principles and understanding of financial statements.
* You have proficient computer and financial modeling skills, which include thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of financial and valuation analysis.
* You have superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to simultaneously manage numerous tasks and deadlines.
* You work well in a team environment.
* You have an interest in the global energy markets, particularly in the Canadian oil and gas industry.
Who we think will be a great fit...
We’re looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to start a career in Investment Banking. Successful candidates take ownership in all aspects of their work and recognize that it is a reflection not just of the firm, but of themselves. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Ability to win and sustain the loyalty of the most demanding clients with confidence and good judgment.
* Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas to implement innovative investment banking strategies.
* Enthusiasm for contributing to the Citi community, through teamwork, leadership, and mentoring.
* Commitment to their own personal success and the success of the institution as a whole.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply:Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts via the Citi Careers link below.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs