Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Risk Controls CoordinatorLocations: Buffalo, New York Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19105236
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Citi. The Risk Governance group is divided into 9 areas: 1) Risk Frameworks and Risk Identification 2) Risk Policies 3) Product Approval Framework 4) Risk Controls and Issue Management 5) Regulatory Affairs, Governance Committees & Quality Assurance 6) Strategic Analysis & Cross-Risk Initiatives 7) Risk Headcount and Budget Management 8) Risk Reporting and 9) Risk Project Management
As part of this function, the Risk Controls and Issue Management work-stream leads
the oversight of Risk’s Controls and Issue Management Framework to ensure that best practices are employed across Risk. The Risk Controls group works closely with the Risk Segments to ensure execution of a consistent and robust control environment within Risk. This includes developing and executing a standard model for Risk’s Manager’s Controls Assessment (MCA) process, developing a consistent Internal Audit assessment interaction model and delivering a robust and timely Issue Management framework for the organization.
The Risk Control Coordinator works closely with their Risk Control Lead, Risk Controls Coordinator and the Global Risk Controls Team to ensure consistent controls processes and issue management within their Risk Segment coverage area.
The team is seeking a Risk Controls Coordinator help cover the Operational Risk Management Risk Segment.
- Partner with the Risk Global Controls and Issue Management Central team and Risk Control Leads to execute the Risk Control and Issue Management model within ORM
- Partner with ORM to ensure that ORM staff is trained and knowledgeable of the Control Framework and Assessment Interaction model
- Develop in conjunction with ORM staff key Activities, Risk, Controls and Monitoring Mechanisms consistent with Citi's MCA Standards and Procedures
- Coordinate ORM's MCA process by advising on quarterly rating rationale, ensuring data in iCAPs and MCA is updated on a timely basis and consistent with the Assessment Issue and Corrective Action Plan Policy
- Coordinate and actively participate in the Manager’s Annual Risk Assessment (ARA) Facilitated Session
- Assist ORM staff in the Governance Risk and Compliance MCA transition for the Operational Risk Management coverage area
- Actively participate in Risk Controls meetings
- Utilize Citi Control systems, including, but not limited to: Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA), Integrated Corrective Action Plan System (iCAPS) and Regulatory Exam Tracking (RET)
- Develop a granular understanding of the drivers behind ORM control issues
- Participate in meetings between ORM staff, Regulators and IA to ensure Assessment interaction model and issue management approach is followed
- Execute and advise on Assessment Unit/ Reporting Group/ Governance Entity structure
- Partner with the Risk Control Central team on control reporting and present to ORM staff
- Review and provide feedback on draft issues and corresponding Corrective Action Plans to ensure CAPs sufficiently address implementation, sustainability and appropriate issue and CAP ownership
- Serve as the Issue Administrator in iCAPs for Self-Identified issues and MRAs
- Provide issue metrics and status updates to ORM staff and management
- 6+ years or relavant experience in financial services industry
- Operational Risk, Risk, Controls, Project Management, Internal Audit
- Exceptional interpersonal and people management skills and ability to interact with all levels of management particularly at the Director and Managing Director level across multiple functions: Risk, Internal Audit, Compliance, etc.
- Prior experience in utilizing Citi’s Control systems: in particular, MCA, iCAPS and RET strongly preferred
- Methodical and proactive thinker with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Proven time and task management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and data management/ mining
- Ability to manage projects with minimal guidance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Influential & persuasive
- Professionalism & integrity
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.